Applying minoxidil 5%

JamesC55

Reaction score
I feel my hair everywhere is thinning , should i apply it to areas where it is really thinning or just apply a smaller ammount to my whole head?

when i rub my hand thru my hair now it feels alot thinner than it did a month ago.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If youre a full top diffuser, use it everywhere if you can. Its a real hassle covering that whole area, and the more hair there is the harder it is to apply, but thats what it takes.

bombscience

Reaction score
Like flux said the whole head. Although I haven't seen any results I take minoxidil and run "cornrows" from back to front on my scalp.

JamesC55

Reaction score
I just got the minoxidil 5% and spironolactone 2%

minoxidil says do not use if:

you are under 18 years of age... i am 17
your scalp is red, inflamed, infected, irritated, or painful ( it is painful in areas at times, irratated.)

do i need to be in the shower to use this?

No instructions on how to use the spironolactone 2% solution.
can anyone explain?

Also, says to keep use of Minoxidil otherwise hair loss will occur again?
Does this mean if i stop that ill lose my hair?

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
No, you can stop applying minoxidil. It is recommended that you do waht is called "the topical year" which means for one year you apply it straight onto your scalp. After that, for maintenance, once a week you can inject it into your buttocks. That should do you just fine.

JamesC55

Reaction score
hmm... anyway

do i do it in the shower or just randomly?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Olorin, I dont like needles, can I apply the minoxidil to my butt topically? Also, my *** is already hairy, I'm hoping minoxidil sheds will help this,. as everyone knows, sheds are forever.

James, the minoxidil needs to stay on your scalp for 3-4 hours. In the shower it will just wash away. Use a hairdrier and it will evaporate. Apply to a clean scalp, after you get out of the shower, and leave it there!

JamesC55

Reaction score
spironolactone?

and how do you apply spironolactone? it comes with a dropper.. not exactly sure how to use this.. it is Topical spironolactone 2 %.

Reaction score
What's the best way for a diffuse thinner to apply minoxidil? I spread it on the top of my scalp with the dropper and it runs down, gets soaked into what hair i have left up there, etc.

Any diffuse thinners find a good way to combat this?

G

James, read my pm man. And also the directions to come with minoxidilli and spironolactone. James, on the back of the Minoxidil case, it has the directions which say:

DO NOT USE IF

Your scalp is red, inflamed, infected, irritated, or painful.

It seems to me you described these problems. I would call rogaine right away if I where you. It looks like you might have to stop taking this product because it is probley not working for you. Read my pm we can talk about it. Dont worry though there are other alternatives.

bombscience

Reaction score
James,

How long have you been on minoxidil. If the itching you are experiencing gets to a point where it is actually painful, you may be having a reaction to minoxidil.

I would considering trying Dr. Lee's PPG-free minoxidil, as some people can't deal with the Propelyene Glycol (PPG) in regular formulated minoxidil.

Seriously irritation will only accelerate your loss.

ps. apply spironolactone with the dropper the same as you would minoxidil. first apply minoxidil, let it dry, then apply spironolactone.

G

Trust bombscience james. He had an elergic reaction to minoxidil and it might of accelerated his hairloss we are still waiting on news for his hair. He knows what hes talking about. Let us know your situation.

bombscience

Reaction score
YoungGuy17 said:
Trust bombscience james. He had an elergic reaction to minoxidil and it might of accelerated his hairloss we are still waiting on news for his hair. He knows what hes talking about. Let us know your situation.

Haha.. thanks for the confidence, but you make me sound like DRAMA. It's all good though, scalp is trying to get 100% but it's just not there yet. Hopefully my appointment with Dr. Lee this saturday will shed light on everything.

G

lol. Lemmie know how your appointment goes with Dr Lee. He seems like a nice guy and actually has compassion for his patients. My doctr was an a**h** and told me there is nothing I can do and to "enjoy the last few years I have with my hair." Ask Dr lee what he thinks about folligen spray if ya can. :)

JamesC55

Reaction score
Hey, my hair just hurts a little when i scratch at it randomly, it doesnt just hurt out of nowhere.

ive kinda figured out how to use the stuff

i take 1 ml in the dropper for minoxidil 5% and just put it on my crowns and front hairline, but it keeps running down, so i have to keep dryingit off with my towel, then i take spironolactone righta way and do the same thing...

still haven't used Nizoral or T-Gel into my regimen yet, will do soon.

gur8

Reaction score
I posted this once already but no response so I'll try again. Does anyone know if applying minoxidil on top of Couvre will affect the absorption of the minoxidil? Someone on this forum claims to be doing this but is it any less effective?

G

James, rub it in with your fingers every couple drops so it wont run down ur head.