Apply spironolactone + Revivogen at the same time?

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anybody think there could be problems with applying spironolactone + Revivogen at the same time?
1. Is it possible they could interfere with each other's chemical properties?
2. What about interfering with each other's absorption into the follicles?

I think it'd be great for some of us to use spironolactone+Revivogen in the morning & night, and then use spironolactone once or twice again in the middle of the day (each application separated by around 4 hours). I think it'd be smart to err on the side of applications that are more frequent than is necessary :)

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair follicles haven't been tingling at all since I've started this, which seems like a reasonable indicator of greater protection.

I was previously using spironolactone 3x per day, and Revivogen 1x per day, so the only difference is Revivogen used both in the morning and night.

If anybody has any thoughts, I'd still be interested in hearing them :)

evolutionary

Reaction score
I am looking to try this out too, let me know how it works for you or if anyone else has any advice on the matter.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
how on earth can you apply revivogen and spironolactone BOTH at least 2 times a day? is your hair buzzed?

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
Shma said:
how on earth can you apply revivogen and spironolactone BOTH at least 2 times a day? is your hair buzzed?

I first apply Revivogen to the scalp (using the Revivogen dropper), and then I rub in spironolactone gel. The Revivogen gets rubbed in while I'm rubbing in the spironolactone.

I'm using the spironolactone gel sold through this site's store. I believe spironolactone can also be obtained in dropper form, but I've heard people refer to spironolactone as smelling bad, which isn't the case with the spironolactone gel.

I dip 3 fingers into the spironolactone gel jar, then apply those fingers to a part in the hair and run the fingers a short way through the hair, then create another part and re-dip the fingers.

Since this is a lot of product to be applying to the scalp each day, I shampoo everyday so I can be sure the residue won't accumulate and interfere with absorption.

evolutionary

Reaction score
But don't the Revivogen instructions say not to add anything else within three hours of applying it? I'm pretty sure that they specify anything before that will interfere with its absorption. Someone on this site posted before that they waited an hour or so I think to put the spironolactone on.

Once my Xandrox 15% runs out I'm switching to a Rogaine foam 2x again (instead of 1 foam in the a.m., X15 in the p.m.), with Rev and spironolactone afterwards so that's why I was curious. Bryan talked up that Rev/spironolactone combo to simulate finasteride awhile ago so it looked intriguing, given that I can't handle finasteride.

spironolactone lotion doesn't have the odor issues. It's the liquid spironolactone that smelled skunky when used on top of minoxidil.