Apply rogaine right after a shower?

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
Is this OK or do you have to wait for the skin to dry first? You would think it would absorb better this way but possible increase side effects...

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
gsxr60097 said:
... You would think it would absorb better this way but possible increase side effects...

True on both counts. But if you can get away with it (no adverse sides) - then it does work more efficiently that way.

I always apply minoxidil right out of the shower, and it has never bothered me.

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
I apply it right after the shower, but I make sure I towel dry my hair thoroughly.

On the weekends if I have the time I try to wait till my hair is completely dry before I apply.

kaner529

Reaction score
just to let everyone know in case they were unaware...rogaine is SUPPOSED to be applied to a dry head for optimal results...

they could be just saying this to protect themselves from adverse sides you may get from increased absorption but for about 3 months i applied to a wet head and felt like my success went down the drain...just a word of advice I would suggest people apply it to a dry head instead of wet

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I recall Dr. Proctor once writing that applying 5% minoxidil to a hydrated (not wringing wet) scalp was the same as applying 7% minoxidil to a dry scalp.

He also recommends applying his prox-n to a hydrated scalp for better absorbtion.

Never tried his prescription proxiphen - so I'm not sure if he recommends applying that to a hydrated scalp also.

BUT - if someone has better results applying to a dry scalp - then by all means - go dry.

Sean68

Reaction score
ive always found that topicals seem to go on better when your scalps slightly damp.