Anything better than Dutasteride by 2030?

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello i am from the future. I am from 2050. I want to say that we still use Dutasteride.. I go back now. Bye

HansMetjen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Legit before 2030 only progress will be:

1. HMI-115
2. Whatever "The Big 6" becomes (+mRNA topical+kintor pyri probs). The net possitive of a bigger stack of mediocre drugs with more pathways will be noticeable to some degree.

+ top it off with Hair Transplant with Verteporfin for scarless donor

After 2030:
1. More affordable and competing PRL supressing drugs if HMI becomes successful.
2. Hair cloning (still very skeptical they will manage to turn it into a profitable business tho)
3. Gene therapy to return the follicle back in time (similar to how they restored blind mice eyes but for follicles). The only and true cure.
4. CRISPR balding genes knockout tech improving + legislation advancing (prevention)

Surely if I ever have kids they won't end up being slapheads. Will avoid them going through this suffering lol.
good summary.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before 2030 we deserve to have:

AR degrader - Kintor GT20029

Progenitor SC activation: Mane Biotech magic hat

Hair cloning: i dont give a f*** if it is Stemson or anyone else.

sathanas

My Regimen
Reaction score
3. Gene therapy to return the follicle back in time (similar to how they restored blind mice eyes but for follicles). The only and true cure.
Pretty much agree.

What I understood from the genetic studies I've read, there are about 3 genes on X chromosome, and eliminating those we will eliminate 85% cases of baldness overall and almost 100% of the early baldness cases.

One shouldn't blame their mother solely on their baldness tho, as these three genes themselves don't make you go bald, they act like a gateway for other genes. For example, 95% of Asians have all three genes and they have much less prevalence than Whites at any age.

Also, getting rid of the remaining 15% would be hell of a problem. There are literally 100 genes associated with androgenetic alopecia.

I also hope, if genetic therapy comes at some point, we will have an option to apply it to our testicles (or ovaries) so it passes to our descendants.

HansMetjen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty much agree.

What I understood from the genetic studies I've read, there are about 3 genes on X chromosome, and eliminating those we will eliminate 85% cases of baldness overall and almost 100% of the early baldness cases.

One shouldn't blame their mother solely on their baldness tho, as these three genes themselves don't make you go bald, they act like a gateway for other genes. For example, 95% of Asians have all three genes and they have much less prevalence than Whites at any age.

Also, getting rid of the remaining 15% would be hell of a problem. There are literally 100 genes associated with androgenetic alopecia.

I also hope, if genetic therapy comes at some point, we will have an option to apply it to our testicles (or ovaries) so it passes to our descendants.
Why do Asians have small dicks? What Genes are responsible for small dicks?

sathanas

My Regimen
Reaction score
IDK which Asians are you talking about? China < UK < South Korea < Russia < Japan < US < India.

Also, all we know the best hair is that of Native Americans, and guess who finds themselves at the top of the list?

HansMetjen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IDK which Asians are you talking about? China < UK < South Korea < Russia < Japan < US < India.

Also, all we know the best hair is that of Native Americans, and guess who finds themselves at the top of the list?
Fake list. Self-reporting

HansMetjen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Kintor is probably the best deal in the near future

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think a side effect free treatment(like genuinely side effect free not just another repacked anti androgen with claims that cant be supported) that is on par with finasteride or dutasteride will not be here in 2030. because there is nothing in the pipeline that promises that and once in the pipeline it takes another 5-10 years to be feasibly market ready. so its not going to happen. if you told anyone back in 2010 that 20 years later the best treatment will be finasteride they'd not believe you. I can see there being no alternative until the 40ties/50ties too. frankly, nobody is doing serious research on it

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i also feel like this second has become less and less active. I think its clear that the prospect on a better or different treament in the next few years or not too distant future are as worse as they have never been. and that says something because even when they were better nothing ever came to fruition. I think 2030 is probably a generous estimate for something, at this point we could close this entire forum. even people like pegasus have left(or even died due to research chemical usage)

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
i also feel like this second has become less and less active. I think its clear that the prospect on a better or different treament in the next few years or not too distant future are as worse as they have never been. and that says something because even when they were better nothing ever came to fruition. I think 2030 is probably a generous estimate for something, at this point we could close this entire forum. even people like pegasus have left(or even died due to research chemical usage)
It may have become less active on here, but then the place isn’t really actively moderated and Reddit is a more popular forum platform. I don’t think the fact that activities low here is any indication of promising treatments. I don’t agree that prospects are worse. If we’re to assume better treatments will eventually appear, then every new day is more promising than the previous day.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It may have become less active on here, but then the place isn’t really actively moderated and Reddit is a more popular forum platform. I don’t think the fact that activities low here is any indication of promising treatments. I don’t agree that prospects are worse. If we’re to assume better treatments will eventually appear, then every new day is more promising than the previous day.
yeah I think the research is getting more solid and the only reason there is nothing yet is because not many people work in this area of research. for every hair loss researcher there are 1000 cancer researchers. not saying this is not a good thing because cancer is of course a much more serious issue but that is the reason, not because hair loss is so hard to address itself. I think if the funding was on par with other skin diseases even there'd be something already. I even think the cure might come from researchers being interested in skin regeneration for things like burns etc and they want to regenerate the skin with all the appendages. that is something that gets more interest in the field because it is considered more "serious" research. what I was referring to with worse prospects was just the pipeline. 4 years ago there were many things that were allegedly just a few years away and could really shift the landscape and now there is really not much. Replicel and tsuji are dead, Stemson said they will take more years to even start human trials etc. although then you have to say that most things back in the days in the pipeline were just bad, follica, histogen, brotzu etc were always just more about hype then science and an actual product, thats why they failed. throwing dirt on the wall and seeing if it sticks is not a rigorous approach