Anything better than Dutasteride by 2030?

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense that Verteporfin would grow follicles that have been removed out of thin air. But one of the reasons a donor area can't be overharvested is because the circular scars start becoming very visible with short hair. If you can have perfect scarless donor then you would be able to yield way more grafts from donor area + better cosmetic results.

ihatemylife223

My Regimen
Reaction score
most likely not no. the regular cures on here are good enough to last 20 years as long as you dont have super aggressive loss or side effects. all you can do is hope those hold out until a new cure comes out. could be 20 years or longer.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense that Verteporfin would grow follicles that have been removed out of thin air. But one of the reasons a donor area can't be overharvested is because the circular scars start becoming very visible with short hair. If you can have perfect scarless donor then you would be able to yield way more grafts from donor area + better cosmetic results.
You could microneedle on the freshly harvested non-scarred donor area and replenish donor supply.
Microneedling doesn' work that great on balding regions because hairloss functions are actively killing the follicles. Maybe it's more effective on donor zones.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
Can’t believe we’re still clinging on at this stage, it’s a joke. I’ve been visiting this and other forums since maybe 2004. 18 years and nothing has changed. I’m just hoping at this stage that we at least get a decent adjunct treatment, sometime soon. finasteride has been really good to me but it feels risky having no backup solution.

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can’t believe we’re still clinging on at this stage, it’s a joke. I’ve been visiting this and other forums since maybe 2004. 18 years and nothing has changed. I’m just hoping at this stage that we at least get a decent adjunct treatment, sometime soon. finasteride has been really good to me but it feels risky having no backup solution.

Treat it well and it will treat you well for a lifetime

joely87

Reaction score
I’m exactly the same, ten years ago we had finasteride and minoxidil and a lot of speculation on forums about new treatments that never come to anything!!! Fast forward to 2022 we have finasteride and minoxidil and a lot of speculation about treatments that aren’t going to come to anything

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m exactly the same, ten years ago we had finasteride and minoxidil and a lot of speculation on forums about new treatments that never come to anything!!! Fast forward to 2022 we have finasteride and minoxidil and a lot of speculation about treatments that aren’t going to come to anything
One small win is that we discovered microneedling greatly enhances response of those treatments. Other than that, yes, the classic situation once again, but this time there is much more specific research and promising ideas coming than before.

joely87

Reaction score
One small win is that we discovered microneedling greatly enhances response of those treatments. Other than that, yes, the classic situation once again, but this time there is much more specific research and promising ideas coming than before
One small win is that we discovered microneedling greatly enhances response of those treatments. Other than that, yes, the classic situation once again, but this time there is much more specific research and promising ideas coming than before.
Again this is what people were saying ten years ago that technology was better and better research and still nothing solid anywhere near!!! I’ve accepted it’s not going to happen now

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It was 15 years ago that Curis dropped their Hedgehog agonist. It was 20 years ago when we first learned the PRLR induced catagen. We could've had better treatments a decade ago if there was decent funding for hair loss.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before 2030

Mane Biotech: I think these guys are on to something. Idk lol its a leap of faith.

GT20029: AR degrader. At least on paper, for prevention the best we can hope for.

Hope Medicine, Stemson and DoNovo may very well be around but pretty expensive for most people I think.

Last edited:

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

With the sole exception of microneedling . But not having a better GS than minoxidil after all these years is definitely an industry failure. No doubt about that.