Anything better than Dutasteride by 2030?

finornottofin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Bayer prolactin drug and despite the trolls on the forum pyrilutamide seem promising. The latter is stage 3 in China so we'll atleast get to try it if it succeeds there.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me only solution is stemson, i hope they will reales their treatment in between 2030-2035

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Legit before 2030 only progress will be:

1. HMI-115
2. Whatever "The Big 6" becomes (+mRNA topical+kintor pyri probs). The net possitive of a bigger stack of mediocre drugs with more pathways will be noticeable to some degree.

+ top it off with Hair Transplant with Verteporfin for scarless donor

After 2030:
1. More affordable and competing PRL supressing drugs if HMI becomes successful.
2. Hair cloning (still very skeptical they will manage to turn it into a profitable business tho)
3. Gene therapy to return the follicle back in time (similar to how they restored blind mice eyes but for follicles). The only and true cure.
4. CRISPR balding genes knockout tech improving + legislation advancing (prevention)

Surely if I ever have kids they won't end up being slapheads. Will avoid them going through this suffering lol.

carsonjz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm somewhat surprised more people don't discuss Verteporfin. The most recent images released from Stanford's dermatology department in their anti-scaring tests with pigs seemed positive (and did show greater regrowth of hair follicles compared to baseline). The fact that its an FDA approved drug would, potentially, allow for its immediate use off label by Hair Surgeons (although I'm certainly not an expert in medical regulation of off-label drug use in US/Europe). If it can actually allow for regrowth of Hair Follicles removed during surgery, you'd be looking at an actualy cure whenever there was enough evidence to convince Hair Transplant Surgeons to start using it.

finornottofin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm somewhat surprised more people don't discuss Verteporfin. The most recent images released from Stanford's dermatology department in their anti-scaring tests with pigs seemed positive (and did show greater regrowth of hair follicles compared to baseline). The fact that its an FDA approved drug would, potentially, allow for its immediate use off label by Hair Surgeons (although I'm certainly not an expert in medical regulation of off-label drug use in US/Europe). If it can actually allow for regrowth of Hair Follicles removed during surgery, you'd be looking at an actualy cure whenever there was enough evidence to convince Hair Transplant Surgeons to start using it.
So if I'm understanding this correctly the idea would be to harvest from donor. Do transplant to balding areas. Use verteporfin on scarred donor to regenerate new follicles ? So theoretically you could to some degree replish donor making more transplants possible?

carsonjz

My Regimen
Reaction score
So if I'm understanding this correctly the idea would be to harvest from donor. Do transplant to balding areas. Use verteporfin on scarred donor to regenerate new follicles ? So theoretically you could to some degree replish donor making more transplants possible?
That's the, best-case, idea. It still remains to be seen whether that would occur, or you'd just get hairless non-scarred skin. Regardless, I'm surprised it's not really discussed on this forum besides a thread a few months back.

Jackshtbro

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the, best-case, idea. It still remains to be seen whether that would occur, or you'd just get hairless non-scarred skin. Regardless, I'm surprised it's not really discussed on this forum besides a thread a few months back.
It's being tested by a hair transplant surgeon on discord as we speak