Anything Apart From minoxidil That Can Help Regrowth?

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello people,

Question is in the title really... Is there anything worth adding for regrowth apart from minoxidil? I've been on it over 10 years. I'm also on finasteride 1.25 daily and Dutas .5 2x per week.

Thanks!

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on the same boat. I haven't been on it for 10 years, but i've been on it long enough to know it has plateaued. I wish it maintains what I have until better, stronger treatments that offer strong regrowth and thickening come out.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on the same boat. I haven't been on it for 10 years, but i've been on it long enough to know it has plateaued. I wish it maintains what I have until better, stronger treatments that offer strong regrowth and thickening come out.

Yeah it plateaued a very long time ago for me but I'd never drop it in case it's helping to maintain but was hoping there was something that could be added for a bit of a boost.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
U could try putting some EO in your minoxidil. Many stimulate blood flow, gives nutrients and some have suggested anti-androgenetic or other growth stimulant mechanism. There is user who put peppermint oil in his minoxidil and use it with retin-a, who thinks it boosted regrowth if I remember correct.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
U could try putting some EO in your minoxidil. Many stimulate blood flow, gives nutrients and some have suggested anti-androgenetic or other growth stimulant mechanism. There is user who put peppermint oil in his minoxidil and use it with retin-a, who thinks it boosted regrowth if I remember correct.

That's interesting... I've never heard of this. I'm hoping the addition of dutas 2x per week might help the weak hairs around the hairline thicken up but I want to think ahead also, that's why I was hoping for something to try for regrowth. A hair transplant is out of the question for me at the moment unfortunately for financial reasons.... and chances are I'd need another in the future as the family history is not good. All males are at least NW4+

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Add dermarolling (1.5mm, only do it until your scalp is red, do not make it bleed) 1x week.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Add dermarolling (1.5mm, only do it until your scalp is red, do not make it bleed) 1x week.

Thanks, I've not heard much about dermarolling at all, is there a thread or somewhere with instructions on what I would need and how to do it?

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
Why to use it: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/

How to use it: They look like this, you can find them on Amazon or wherever online, you roll it in all directions on your scalp gently (don't push down hard) for a few minutes until your scalp is red. If you bleed even a little you're pushing way too hard.

upload_2017-6-11_21-23-53.png

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score