Anyone with an itchy scalp has had any success?

THFC

Reaction score
hi....i used to have a very bad itchy scalp...however instead of creams...i found that a change in diet was the main thing that helped...my diet includes virtually no sugar...or trans fats...but fish oils and wholemeal foods....i dnt think many people would go to such a drastic diet to get rid of their itching scalp.....but ginger shampoo is also very good..you can get it from the body shop..although is a little bit pricey

goodluck

abcdefg

Reaction score
I dont know I changed my diet for about 3-4 months. It made no difference at all not even the slightest. Saw palmetto helped nothing else yet and ive tried every shampoo from prescriptions from 2 derms to baby shampoo nothing except saw palmetto. Im not trying to sell saw palmetto or anything but it really made my head numb and i had sexual sides and quit i just figured i may as well take propecia and actually regrow some hair. I think finasteride will do the same thing to me and im hoping regrow some hair and make this blasted itch go away. I think its androgens for me thats causing this.

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
hi....i used to have a very bad itchy scalp...however instead of creams...i found that a change in diet was the main thing that helped...my diet includes virtually no sugar...or trans fats...but fish oils and wholemeal foods....i dnt think many people would go to such a drastic diet to get rid of their itching scalp.....but ginger shampoo is also very good..you can get it from the body shop..although is a little bit pricey

goodluck

What type of fish oil do you use? I've been thinking about getting some to use for my overall health.

THFC

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
I dont know I changed my diet for about 3-4 months. It made no difference at all not even the slightest. Saw palmetto helped nothing else yet and ive tried every shampoo from prescriptions from 2 derms to baby shampoo nothing except saw palmetto. Im not trying to sell saw palmetto or anything but it really made my head numb and i had sexual sides and quit i just figured i may as well take propecia and actually regrow some hair. I think finasteride will do the same thing to me and im hoping regrow some hair and make this blasted itch go away. I think its androgens for me thats causing this.

Hey you can think you eating healthy and yet have a hueg amount of sugar in your diet....i personally have less then 10g of sugar...the rda is 90..sugar doesnt actually do your body much good..it causes inflammation...before you go food shopping,make sure you check the packets of things you are buying..and take a note of how much sugar you are taking in

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I would think that the first thing anyone would recommend would be Emu Oil.

1 - 2 ml rubbed into the scalp at bedtime should do the trick for you.

abcdefg

Reaction score
It means nothing. My brother is losing hair very slowly and he eats nothing but oatmeal and protein for the last 1-2 years. Diet does nothing significant especially with a strong male pattern baldness history you are toast diet or not.