Anyone went totally bald while on propecia or proscar?

fredrik78er

Reaction score
Im just wondering if there is anyone who went totally bald, from like a norwood 1-3 to being totally bald while on propecia. Maybe the drug isnt working for everyone but it would be interesting to know if you can go completely bald while youre on it. Guess no one has been on the drug for such a long time wile getting worse but just thouhgt I would ask..

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Answering this rather odd question is pretty simple. According to the clinical trial data 17% of people will not respond to propecia. Therefore, if they were genetically predisposed to go completely bald, and were also one of the 17% non responders, then yes, its possible to go completely bald while on Propecia.

HairLossTalk.com

G

HairlossTalk said:
Answering this rather odd question is pretty simple. According to the clinical trial data 17% of people will not respond to propecia. Therefore, if they were genetically predisposed to go completely bald, and were also one of the 17% non responders, then yes, its possible to go completely bald while on Propecia.

HairLossTalk.com

Ok, people like me who have been on propecia for over 9 months now plus minoxidil on and off, now back on.

How do I know if the propecia is working or not? How do I know I'm not in that 17%?

I might getting results from minoxidil but how do i know if propecia works or not?

It isnt possible is it.

the only reason i started minoxidil at the same time as propecia, as because of your good admin, "Bruce Lee", who was like "get on the big 3, give it x amount of months"

Yes, the same "Bruce Lee" who would advise a 5 year old to take propecia and "Give it at least 6 months".

Master Chief

Established Member
Reaction score
So, I'm just thinning, but say that I'm predisposed to go completely bald, so starting with Propecia is a waste of money????

glcs2

Reaction score
Kenneth said:
So, I'm just thinning, but say that I'm predisposed to go completely bald, so starting with Propecia is a waste of money????

No - if you are not among 17% non responders (meaning you are the responder) you will maintain or improve. You have no choice but to try it if you want to find out if you are the responder to Propecia.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
Gunner said:
[
Ok, people like me who have been on propecia for over 9 months now plus minoxidil on and off, now back on.

How do I know if the propecia is working or not? How do I know I'm not in that 17%?

I might getting results from minoxidil but how do i know if propecia works or not?

It isnt possible is it.

the only reason i started minoxidil at the same time as propecia, as because of your good admin, "Bruce Lee", who was like "get on the big 3, give it x amount of months"

Yes, the same "Bruce Lee" who would advise a 5 year old to take propecia and "Give it at least 6 months".

Are you pissed or something that you started using these treatments? You seem a bit hostile because you are using propecia and minoxidil? Pretty wierd never seen anyone get so pissed because they were using a treatment. If your gonna use minoxidil dont do it half assed, you will never be able to achieve concurrent results. Alas while you are on both propecia and minoxidil you cannot pinpoint which one is working for you. It doesnt really matter if they work well together then continue using them, why do you have to know which one is doing what. If you wanted to know you should have just beagn with one treatment first, then add on later. I dont believe bruce would ever suggest a five year old take finasteride.....

fredrik78er

Reaction score
Gunner, Im in your position exactly, unfortounly the drugs have had no effect (reaching my 8 month mark on finasteride and been on minoxidil for about four.)

The big question is, what does these 17 % have in common which makes them indifferent to finasteride? Sounds strange that 17 % dont respond whatsoever to finasteride... Could these be the men who all will be completely bald at age 30? Does it say anything in the Clinical trial who didnt respond?

G

Gunner said:
HairlossTalk said:

HairLossTalk.com

It isnt possible is it.

Wrong as usual King Friday!! I never advised a 5 yr old to take propecia.

The research is clear that using finasteride AND minoxidil is a more effective route than just one or the other. Is that too hard for you to figure out?

BTW-the advice here is free and comes with no gurantees. If you don't like or FOLLOW THE ADVICE (did I advise that you take minoxidil ON and OFF?) , don't come here and cry like the little girl you appear to be!

What a twit!