Anyone Went Back To Finasteride After Dutasteride?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please delete this thread. Im sticking with dutasteride, cant risk my hair because of sides i get.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes im from Europe, the weak orgasms i was getting from dutasteride isn't enough to warrant me stopping the med, can't risk it, sucks i have to choose between healthy sexual well being and hair loss, but it is what it is i guess.

Last edited:

NSix

Established Member
Reaction score
I have lots of hair (I'd say I'm a NW2.5-ish) but my dad is a NW7 at age 67. He kept his hair until his late 50s BUT it just kept receding and thinning - so practically speaking, he was 'bald' much earlier insofar as his hair just didn't look ideal.

I was finasteride for 4 years. Lost tons of hair last summer - all along my temple points.

I receded maybe 1 cm on the temple points.

So I panicked and swapped to dutasteride last December - yet I've only continued to lose hair after 5-ish months.

I'm worried about the 100% increase in scalp Testosterone as well as the potential long-term metabolic issues. So for now, I'm back on finasteride. Might throw dutasteride in once a week.

wbz115

Reaction score
Please delete this thread. Im sticking with dutasteride, cant risk my hair because of sides i get.

I'm back on finasteride after trying dutasteride. My hairline had thinned out slowly over the course of a year while I was on dutasteride. I can only reason that it was the increase in scalp testosterone. I'm going to try adding spironolactone on top of dutasteride. I really have no choice other than to try something other than the typical treatments now.. they are becoming less effective and I can't afford another hair transplant.

Last edited: