Anyone using KX-826 / Pyrilutamide ?

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using KX-826 / Pyrilutamide from minoxidalmax since Jan. 1 - looking to see if anyone else has tried this, or have any experience?

I started Jan. 1 of this year, and I'll say the first 4 weeks, it seemed pretty good. My hair actually felt okay and I didn't mind how it looked, I was actually hopeful for the first time in years. Naturally I added this solution as I was in decline and wanted to add something for a boost.

However, in the past 2 weeks, my hair has gone to dogshit. I mean, I'm freaking out - my hair has lost so much in the past 2 weeks then any other period I can remember. I'm in serious trouble. I know realistically you can't see results in 4 weeks, but these last 2 weeks are a serious concern.

Not sure if I should drop it or see this through, but right now, I can't believe how my hair is looking.

thatslin

My Regimen
Reaction score
You cant draw any conclusion based on a six-week experience for any type of treatment

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds like you're shedding which is a sign that your new regimen is working. Don't change your current regimen. You should expect new growth in ~100 days.

Last edited:

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. I know 6 weeks isn't enough time to determine anything, but man this decline has been shocking, and it consuming like all of my thoughts. Very interested to know if anyone else has used this product with any success.

For me to have a "new product shed" I always thought was unlikely since I'm already on a strong regiment. Daily Avodart, Minoxidil and RU.

McBald

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using KX-826 / Pyrilutamide from minoxidalmax since Jan. 1 - looking to see if anyone else has tried this, or have any experience?

I started Jan. 1 of this year, and I'll say the first 4 weeks, it seemed pretty good. My hair actually felt okay and I didn't mind how it looked, I was actually hopeful for the first time in years. Naturally I added this solution as I was in decline and wanted to add something for a boost.

However, in the past 2 weeks, my hair has gone to dogshit. I mean, I'm freaking out - my hair has lost so much in the past 2 weeks then any other period I can remember. I'm in serious trouble. I know realistically you can't see results in 4 weeks, but these last 2 weeks are a serious concern.

Not sure if I should drop it or see this through, but right now, I can't believe how my hair is looking.
I'm almost in the same situation as you. Started using pyri the last week of December and for the first 2-3 weeks I was seeing hair sprouting everywhere. Now I'm almost 2 months in and I see way less of those on my hairline, but I want to stay positive and hope they grow back at some point

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm almost in the same situation as you. Started using pyri the last week of December and for the first 2-3 weeks I was seeing hair sprouting everywhere. Now I'm almost 2 months in and I see way less of those on my hairline, but I want to stay positive and hope they grow back at some point
If you could remember, please keep me posted here. I'm stopping for a bit because I'm like going bald these past 2 weeks and I can't afford to lose any more. Hoping to recover.

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried it for 3 months. I would say 0,5% is less potent then 100 mg RU.
No sexual side effects at all, and it maintained my hair.
Issue was some nasty skin sides where my scalp and face skin would itch and peel bad.
Had to stop using it and now back on RU..

Intrigued77777777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried it for 3 months. I would say 0,5% is less potent then 100 mg RU.
No sexual side effects at all, and it maintained my hair.
Issue was some nasty skin sides where my scalp and face skin would itch and peel bad.
Had to stop using it and now back on RU..
Isn't RU pretty bad for the heart?

Avacado

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me I had chest pain for the first 2-3 weeks, and then it went away. I'm also getting some testicular pain but only if I'm using it twice a day
any updates @McBald ? My situation is getting worse, epic 3 week collapse, I'm fearing this is the end, I don't see how I will/can recover from this. Which is crazy cuz i'm on a strong regimen and have been for years.

McBald

My Regimen
Reaction score
any updates @McBald ? My situation is getting worse, epic 3 week collapse, I'm fearing this is the end, I don't see how I will/can recover from this. Which is crazy cuz i'm on a strong regimen and have been for years.
I don't think I can see any difference since last week. Same thing

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think what he means is that its very unlikely that an anti androgen like pyrilutamide would make your hair loss worse if its still biologically active
Exactly. Most people trying pyri have sexual side effects. If you don’t have side effects and also it doesn’t stop your hairloss maybe is not pyri. Where did you buy it?