Anyone used Virile Mane??

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
helpmyhair said:
Rusty, it may be harder to tell your progress with it as you are also on finasteride and minoxidil, so who knows what is doing what.

mmm... kinda. I've been on finasteride and minoxidil for over a year now - I think any improvement from Virile mane will be noticeable. That said I'm only using once per day so it stands to reason that i may see slower/lesser results specifically from the VM.

quick update:

I'm now 2 weeks since finishing a 4 week epi cycle, hair doesn't seem to have suffered for it.

In a few weeks I'll take some pics and will then have 0, 2 and 4 month pictures to see how things are going. I'm confident my hair is looking a bit better at the mo but only pictures will tell for sure.

For those interested in the uk, I came across a uk supplier - http://www.predatornutrition.com/pd-vir ... e-170g.cfm

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is definitely feeling better - my girlfriend says it feels nicer to stroke and silkier and I haven't changed anything else. I've also noticed that some dermatitis I used to get on my head has gradually gone so I can only put this down to the Virile Mane.

I will know more once I get my haircut and then watch and feel how it grows but so far I am feeling happy with this product - better imo than other topicals such as folligen.

Yuber

Reaction score
I've used VM for 4 weeks now. Once every night. Right temple only. So I quess I'll see in 20 weeks or something if I should apply to the left one too..

I like the consistence of the product, the applicator, and the smell. That's all from me so far :)

Oh, I got the thick B version of the cream. What version did you guys get?
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recomp-p ... flake.html

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Does this stuff has the same apple procyanindins as apple poly has?

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using VM since 11/11/08 mostly once a day sometimes twice, I like the stuff. I've had no hair loss or growth to report.

I Can't see it doing much if anything in honestly.

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
My bottle says it has Apple Polyphenol Extract (80% polyphenols).

Mine was the one bought from Predator Nutrition and they said they got theirs only recently so I assume it is the new version.

the Last Fight

Established Member
Reaction score
Been using if for a month, and nothing. Wasnt expecting anything in a month anyway, im just getting frusttated with applying it, i apply throught the whol scalp but alot of it goes in my hair.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the ingrediants can help battle hairloss, but im not convinced it can achieve this on it own. Still i think i might give it a try.

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
I got my first positive reinforcement today. Was playing my buddy at John Madden on the xbox which if anything means normally pulling my hair out when he saw the bottle on the table and asked if I was using it. I told him yes and he said my hair seemed thicker...like it wasn't as obvious my hairline was receding.

That is definitely good news! Gonna cut my hair tomorrow (finally) and then monitor regrowth more closely. Been about a month on it now. Only thing I am taking with it is Nizoral. I still think people should stack this with finasteride and duta etc if they can handle the sides but for someone who is sick of that stuff and wanting to avoid systemic absorption of anti-androgens this stuff in combo with Nizoral and minoxidil seems the best way forward to me so far.

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Joey, glad to hear you are getting results. I too will not take dutasteride or finasteride as my health is more important than my hair.

Can anyone else using VM comment on their progress thus far?

Also is VM available in retail stores? if so, where? or is it only sold online? thanks.

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the situation is in the states but in Europe the site below says they are the only vendor

www.rpneurope.com

Not seen RPN's american site to be honest. Think it is recomp.com. Maybe you should ask them though.

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Cut my hair the other day and it is about a grade 1 now. It looks better than the last time it was this length imo.