Anyone Use minoxidil without Propecia

lomo

Reaction score
Anyone seeing great results with minoxidil and maybe nizerol, but not propecia in their routine?

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some people do not respond well to different things for a reason unknown to me. Im sure there are people that dont respond to propecia but alot do respond to minoxidil due to the nature of it. They are two different hair loss treatments.

vade

Reaction score
im using minoxidil 2% for 4 months ...hair loss stopped durin month 2 .. no propecia or anything ....im nw2

exstatic

Reaction score
Im using minoxidil and nizoral.. and just started spironolactone a few weeks ago.. seem to see reasonable results already.

haymes

Reaction score
minoxidil 5 percent twice a day, Revivogen before bed, Saw Palmetto 2 pills twice a day, Biotin 2000 mcg per day. Been on minoxidil and Reviv since July, other products for about 3 months. Good results in front. Bald spot in back not much.

ahmedwk

Established Member
Reaction score
same here! I am using minoxidil alone, but I am convinced that it's alone will not prevent the MBP. I think I have to think very carefully before starting propecia and u know the reason!

haymes

Reaction score
I think that if you use a topical that prevents DHT like Revivogen, and back it up with Saw Palmetto (2 pills twice per day, get the standardized version), you can beat the further hair loss, and assist the hair growth with minoxidil twice per day. I just introduced American Crew Spray Revitalizer, about 3 or 4 pumps in the worst rear bald spot, once a day, also relieves itching. Use a T-Gel shampoo, generic versions are fine, and you will be all set. I just started in July and my frontal baldness improved tremendously, and some slow but steady light thin hair in my crown area. I am happy with Kirkland minoxidil, and it is cheap enough.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I used 5% for several months before getting back on finasteride after a multi-year hiatus of laziness. The minoxidil seemed to slow, perhaps even arrest, further loss...but it did absolutely nothing for me in terms of regrowth by itself.