anyone use minoxidil ONCE a day?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i've been using rogaine foam twice a day for a little over 2 months and i have had substantial regrowth. i am obviously a quick responder. but my body has been a little sensitive to it. headaches and slight heart rate increase were present in the first 2 weeks, water retention present in weeks 5-8 and overall hair growth has gone up. my body hair is growing thicker and faster, quite noticable to me since it happened in 2 months, i know it's not in my mind. also my facial hair has pickedup alot, eyebrows and eyelashes included.

so since i am a good responder, i'm looking for others who are using minoxidil only once a day to see if it would be more appropriate for me. i might keep up with twice a day then ween off to once a day slowly as my hair thickens up. thoughts?

Jm0311

Reaction score
is it appropiate to use just on one temple? im thinking about that...MAYBE

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say try it. From reports that I've heard, the foam tends to be a lot more penetrative than the liquid.

The reason I say try it, is because you seem to be in the same position as me.

I had some decent regrowth early on, and with that some slight side effects, and so i reduced it to once a day which has elimiated the side effects and kept the hair it grew.

if you think the hair growth slows down then get back onto twice a day, but I like the common theory of twice a day for regrowth, once for maintenance.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i reduced my dose to one time a day for the last week ,puffiness is all gone, hair seems to be fine ,i will get back to putting it more now but still less then 2 ml a day
ill let yall know

jonny21

Reaction score
I used minoxidil liquid for almost 7 years only once a day + finasteride with great results. Eventually if you see my story, the results do diminish though. I say if you're in the beginning stages of hairloss try it. It should at the very least maintain what you've got for a long time.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys, let me know how it goes roki, i'm skipping every 3rd or 4th application and just seeing how it goes.

jonny21, thanks for the advice i'm going to cut back to once a day when i hit my max regowth, which would probably be at about 6-8 months. hopefully it can maintain for a while.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've actually grown more and heathier hair with a once-a-day minoxidil application along with four times a week Retin-a/needling combination vs. twice-a-day minoxidil alone. And I was on minoxidil for probably two straight years before even trying Retin-a.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
interesting, i might try retin-a a couple times a week

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
dont,it increases systematic absorption

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
using it once per day too. this way it leave me some guns if i even need to increase the dosage.

i think the foam is a great products.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sticking with 2x day foam for 8 months before I personally would try to reduce, but I'm 39 and need a lot more crown regrowth than the youngsters on here. :)

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
dietcola said:
dont,it increases systematic absorption

my hairline says yes, but my eyebrows say no

ha

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score