Anyone Use Finasteride Once Every Few Days?

Nick1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
as above looking to get on finasteride but wondering if anyone using it once every few days with any success?

thanks

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im using 1mg every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I cant tell you if im maintaining cause i'm only 2 weeks on it but i did succed in avoiding the sides i got from 1mg ED which was gyno.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
highly doubt you could get gyno only after being back on the drug 2 weeks

Artisan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there's a fair bit of guidance in these forums that suggest many guys get the full benefit of finasteride by using it once every three days

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried micro dosing and spreading out finasteride for months. It didn't help sides. It actually gave me worse brain fog.

I'm on dutasteride now. It gives less mental sides. I think because it has a longer halflife so the hormones stay consistently low. The up and down fluctuations aren't good for me.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried micro dosing and spreading out finasteride for months. It didn't help sides. It actually gave me worse brain fog.

I'm on dutasteride now. It gives less mental sides. I think because it has a longer halflife so the hormones stay consistently low. The up and down fluctuations aren't good for me.

"One recent study published in Neuroendocrinology found that after 20 days of finasteride exposure, male rats showed altered levels of a whole host of neurosteroids and receptors in their brains. Thirty days after going off the drug, the changes were more pronounced than when they were on the drug.

Studies in humans have only just begun, at Baylor, Boston University, and elsewhere, so it's way too early to draw firm conclusions. But the theory surrounding what some patients call "the crash" goes something like this: Cells in the brain and genitals are starved of important hormones while on the drug, so they grow more receptors to sop up all that they can get. Once the drug is discontinued, the hormones come flooding back with more than the cells can handle, which hurts or kills them. "Essentially, the cells get too much DHT, it puts them in overdrive and it burns them out," says Jacobs. So even if the body starts making all those missing compounds again, the tissue has trouble using them. "

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/gqy...-loss-drug

I doubt a few day gaps are enough tho

g.i joey

Reaction score
"One recent study published in Neuroendocrinology found that after 20 days of finasteride exposure, male rats showed altered levels of a whole host of neurosteroids and receptors in their brains. Thirty days after going off the drug, the changes were more pronounced than when they were on the drug.

Studies in humans have only just begun, at Baylor, Boston University, and elsewhere, so it's way too early to draw firm conclusions. But the theory surrounding what some patients call "the crash" goes something like this: Cells in the brain and genitals are starved of important hormones while on the drug, so they grow more receptors to sop up all that they can get. Once the drug is discontinued, the hormones come flooding back with more than the cells can handle, which hurts or kills them. "Essentially, the cells get too much DHT, it puts them in overdrive and it burns them out," says Jacobs. So even if the body starts making all those missing compounds again, the tissue has trouble using them. "

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/gqy...-loss-drug

I doubt a few day gaps are enough tho

doesnt this indicate that tapering off slowly at lower and lower dosages may be the solution to an easy transition off the drug?