Anyone Try Dermarolling On Beard?? To Thicken, Etc.

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it could help thicken up hair on cheeks above jawline. The approach has nothing to do stopping DHT so I don't see how it could hurt. Besides literally hurting your face :-/ lol.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If would be best to use minoxidil, preferrably twice a day. I would personally would not dermaroll and then apply minoxidil, to avoid systemic absorption. What you could do, which could be quite beneficial, is to dermaroll and apply castor oil afterwards. But dermarolling + castor oil will not do much by itself, you need minoxidil for beard gains.

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do think I'll add minoxidil, but I'll probably start with a couple times a week and scale up from there if necessary. Good thing is, unlike with scalp hair, dht is not fkin with my gains (to the contrary obviously) , so that could be enough. Because I do worry about affecting collagen when applying directly to the face.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do think I'll add minoxidil, but I'll probably start with a couple times a week and scale up from there if necessary. Good thing is, unlike with scalp hair, dht is not fkin with my gains (to the contrary obviously) , so that could be enough. Because I do worry about affecting collagen when applying directly to the face.

I been using minoxidil on my beard since July and I don't think it has affected the quality of my skin. But just to be cautious I also started using Retin-A cream around the same time, and I also moisturize my skin more often. Regardless of minoxidil usage I think every man could benefit from taking care his facial skin even if it's a girly routine.

One thing though is that the liquid minoxidil containing propylene glycol can make me itch like hell, especially on the neck and lower cheeks, but for reason the areas like stache, soulpatch and high cheeks almodt never get itchy.
With the minoxidil foam I barely get any itching at all. It's a clear winner in that category.

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck man :)
And if all goes well I suggest you apply minoxidil everyday eventually to maximize results.
I myself will try to dermaroll with 0.5mm + apply castor oil afterwards quite soon.