Anyone tried NuHair supplements?

aceman626

Reaction score
I saw these at Walgreens, marketed as a DHT blocker supplement. It contains: Saw Palmetto, Phytosterol, He Shou Wu (Fo Ti), Zinc, Selenium, Kudzu, and Soy. Seems like relevant components that are often mentioned as helpful for hair.

1) Anyone tried these? Any positive effects?

2) Any side effects from these ingredients?

Thanks.

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
Google "Saw palmetto results" and "Saw palmetto side effects". Because saw palmetto is the main ingredient here.

aceman626

Reaction score
Google "Saw palmetto results" and "Saw palmetto side effects". Because saw palmetto is the main ingredient here.

Thanks. Seems like there are some reported side effects, like any medication/supplement, but nothing really concrete. WebMD says Likely Safe, whatever that means.

Can anyone share pros vs cons?

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I've heard on these forums, in order for Saw Palmetto to actually work you need to take so much that it starts systemically inhibiting DHT -- with the same side effects of finasteride, which does the same thing.

aceman626

Reaction score
From what I've heard on these forums, in order for Saw Palmetto to actually work you need to take so much that it starts systemically inhibiting DHT -- with the same side effects of finasteride, which does the same thing.

ah ok - so the same impotency sides...gotcha. i already use a shampoo that has some saw palmettto in it, so i guess best to avoid the supplement.