Anyone take minoxidil post FUE procedure ?

sonofvegeta

My Regimen
Reaction score
has anyone started taking minoxidil either in tablet form or foam directly to the hairline / temple area ? no oral minoxidil (not interested in the wolf like sides and others) and seen good results ?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
has anyone started taking minoxidil either in tablet form or foam directly to the hairline / temple area ? no oral minoxidil (not interested in the wolf like sides and others) and seen good results ?
I did but I couldn't tell if it did anything. I think it was supposed to help anchor follicles or get them established more quickly. I have heard of a month or so of estradiol gel to help grafts sit and have maximum viability but it might be that too many guys wouldn't feel comfortable with that. They didn't do it when it was an issue for me or not.

sonofvegeta

My Regimen
Reaction score
when was it ? # of grafts ? type FUT/FUE ? norwood level ? had you been taking anything pre ? where was it done ? etc just want to get more insight ?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
when was it ? # of grafts ? type FUT/FUE ? norwood level ? had you been taking anything pre ? where was it done ? etc just want to get more insight ?
It was so long ago that it was primitive and not wisely chosen since I had way too much hair to be seated for transplantation. So they just yanked out the hair that I had or cut it out to put in crummy hair from the sides that scarred terribly on top an on the entire scalp. My main fight for full restoration involves/involved having microneedling entirely fix the scar tissue issue to where the plugs on top seem to all be productive again. Microneedling with retin-A has huge restorative effects in general on both balding and scar tissue which structurally might be quite close and akin to cellulite tissue which lacks the typical lattice-work formation of normal human tissue. In scar tissue the body clearly "decides" that full reparation consumes too many resources and probably time in terms of closing and healing wounds so microneedling which increases stem cell activity is amazing in terms of effects on all human tissue.

The crummy doctor ended up filling my Rogain prescription for a couple of years. I called him and told if I was very unhappy and he offered to fix it and I was like, um, "no thank you". I got what are euphemistically called refinements 7 years later which helped but neither took me back to any approximation of teen hair and I highly regret doing it. Even now especially the grafts, productive or not itched terribly which I view as a very positive side as I have upped the retin-A and microneedled on specific areas. My hope is to decrease the scar tissue in the fringe over time so there are no longer thin hair spots where scars are not visible. I usually research the hell out of everything but the embarrassment of my father having perfect hair clouded my judgment as did the absence of finasteride as a maintenance remedy. The worst thing for me is losing hair and not trying some form of treatment even if of dubious importance like Keto or other dandruff shampoos for inflammation. I have pictures on my thread after my shed showing the circular spots with no hair coming out. They might be perceivable here:

Attachments

• bald.png
    bald.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 76

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had my hair transplant 5 weeks ago. Took oral minoxidil immediately the day after surgery. It should help with shock loss, and overall growth for the new grafts/old grafts.
No “wolf-like” sides as you described lol.

sonofvegeta

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had my hair transplant 5 weeks ago. Took oral minoxidil immediately the day after surgery. It should help with shock loss, and overall growth for the new grafts/old grafts.
hows it going after 5 weeks ? lose the transplanted grafts yet ?

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Transplanted hairs always fall out. They grow back after a few months.
Starting to feel little prickly hairs underneath my longer hairs though. Also took a digital microscope and checked out my scalp, definitely some growth. I’ll post a photo later tonight.

sonofvegeta

My Regimen
Reaction score
that is what i've read ...transplanted hair almost always falls out but in some very rare cases they dont and just continued growing...so the shock loss refers to nearby native hairs that might shed due to trauma correct ? not the shedding of transplanted hair?

rapper dude

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take oral minoxidil and I have massive amount of hair growing all over my arms/legs. Even my hands

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that is what i've read ...transplanted hair almost always falls out but in some very rare cases they dont and just continued growing...so the shock loss refers to nearby native hairs that might shed due to trauma correct ? not the shedding of transplanted hair?
You can have shock loss near recipient area and in donor area. Minoxidil helps keep the existing follicles stronger to reduce chances of that happening as well as increasing strength of transplanted hair.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are my closeups after 10.5 weeks on Oral minoxidil. You'll see small hairs growing next to long hairs. My entire scalp also feels prickly when I rub my hands through my longer hair so that's what got me interested in taking a closer look since I've never felt that before.

S20210901_002.jpg
S20210901_003.jpg