Anyone sucessfully quit Rogaine

phan95

Reaction score
My question is has anyone successfully quit Rogaine and still managed to keep the hair that Rogaine helped regrow?

I'm sure that this is possible I just want a percentage.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
dude we told you this...it is IMPOSSIBLE

any hair loss treatment is a LIFE LONG commitment. Man, even if you get a hair transplant, you should use propecia and rogaine forever.

So either make the sacrifice, or just accept that you will be bald.

phan95

Reaction score
That can't be true :shock:

I'm sure someone successfully quit. I personally know someone that used rogaine for 2months and quit and has kept his hair for more than 1 year now.

beaner

Reaction score
phan95 said:

I'm sure someone successfully quit. I personally know someone that used rogaine for 2months and quit and has kept his hair for more than 1 year now.

2 months isn't even long enough to see a benefit from Rogaine, so of course he kept his hair. It is after you've been on it for an extended period of time and have had noticeable benefit, whether that be in the form of general thickening or regrowth, that you cannot quit using it. Some have even said that they thought Rogaine was of no benefit and quit using it, only to have a massive shed.

phan95

Reaction score
I dunno but my friend had a receding hairline and was going thin too. He said he quit after 2months and his hair had improvement.

Pharaoh

Reaction score
Well, since quitting I have successfully grown back the hair that minoxidil made fall out.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
phan95 said:

2 months isn't even long enough to see a benefit from Rogaine, so of course he kept his hair.

This isn't exactly true. There's some guy on here that made vast improvements over 3 months.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
phan95 said:

it is true and the same goes with ALL hair loss treatments...too bad if its not what you wanted to here....dont believe me? go ahead and use it get some results and drop it...watch all those hairs go bye bye

Ill tell you right now...you prob wont even have visible results in 2months.

beaner

Reaction score
retropunk said:
beaner said:
phan95 said:

2 months isn't even long enough to see a benefit from Rogaine, so of course he kept his hair.

This isn't exactly true. There's some guy on here that made vast improvements over 3 months.

Ummm...3 months is not 2 months.

beaner

Reaction score
beaner said:
retropunk said:
beaner said:
phan95 said:

Ummm...3 months is not 2 months, but if he got a benefit from Rogaine in 3 months and he quit then he would lose it.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogaine never really worked for me. I was on it for a good few years and my hair continued to fall out at pretty much the same rate after I quit. Give it six months to a year and if you don't see any improvement you might aswell quit.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
Ummm...3 months is not 2 months, but if he got a benefit from Rogaine in 3 months and he quit then he would lose it.

As for losing hair after stopping the regimen, I never did say he wouldn't lose it. I only stated that there's people who had suprising results in a short period of time.

I believe there's some other guy on here who had minor results within a month. He was using a lot of minoxidil, or maybe it was just a high dosage, but he achieved great results, too.