Anyone still lose ground on finasteride and ru?

justlookingforanswers

My Regimen
Reaction score
i started taking finasteride 1 mg every other day 3 months ago and added ru58841 2 weeks ago to my regimen. in that time my hairloss hasn’t shown the slightest bit of slowing down. in fay, it has felt like it has gotten faster and worse. where i used to shed 200 hairs per shower, now it feels like i shed 300. im a very aggressive diffuse thinner age 19m with retrograde alopecia as well. i thought finasteride and ru would be a perfect regimen but im starting to think that won’t be enough. anyone with really aggressive loss that has success with this regimen ?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
i started taking finasteride 1 mg every other day 3 months ago and added ru58841 2 weeks ago to my regimen. in that time my hairloss hasn’t shown the slightest bit of slowing down. in fay, it has felt like it has gotten faster and worse. where i used to shed 200 hairs per shower, now it feels like i shed 300. im a very aggressive diffuse thinner age 19m with retrograde alopecia as well. i thought finasteride and ru would be a perfect regimen but im starting to think that won’t be enough. anyone with really aggressive loss that has success with this regimen ?
Too soon to tell if it’s not effective. I’d keep doing what you’re doing for another 3 months at minimum

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
and if it doesn’t stop it? would dutasteride be the next step?
Shedding can be a good indicator but sometimes we shed a lot. If in another 3 months your hair looks even worse/thinner then maybe you need to step it up. However, it might even take a year to really see results. Up to you how you want to up your regimen

Funeemonky66

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im in the exact same situation as you, 20m diffuse thinner and retrograde alopecia. Ive been on finasteride for 7 months then i switched to dutasteride on jan 1st and added ru on feb 1st. Crazy shedding everyday since then. My hairline is the same if not better but i think the diffuse thinning has gotten worse.
What gives me reassurance is that i had a month long shed like this on finasteride after like 5 months of losing ground and afterwards i grew back alot. (You can check my post if you wanna see the change)
Only time will tell if this current shed is good though lol

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im in the exact same situation as you, 20m diffuse thinner and retrograde alopecia. Ive been on finasteride for 7 months then i switched to dutasteride on jan 1st and added ru on feb 1st. Crazy shedding everyday since then. My hairline is the same if not better but i think the diffuse thinning has gotten worse.
What gives me reassurance is that i had a month long shed like this on finasteride after like 5 months of losing ground and afterwards i grew back alot. (You can check my post if you wanna see the change)
Only time will tell if this current shed is good though lol
how much do you think you shed per day?

CharlesNohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here, I was on finasteride 1mg ED and topical minoxidil for 6 months, 0 results and my hair loss only got worst. Switched to Duta 3x week and oral minoxidil in february, 2 months in and hair loss its at the worst point ever, shedding a lot of hair and thinning very fast. Maybe people like us in their early 20s (I'm 21) with agressive hair loss are not responders to antiandrogens.

CharlesNohair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck man, but If even RU doesnt work start to think about shave your head or just still with the treatment till 26-27 when maybe you could have a hair trasplant.

jazz1

Reaction score
What brand Finasteride you using..?