anyone shedding from the foam?

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm going to start using the foam in the next month or so... just wondering if any guys are experiencing a nice shed?

hurricom

Reaction score
yep

Yep. Used it for 10 days and I lost tons of my hairline. I'm off it now. Think I'll try Propecia.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
that sure was unproductive. the shed shows you were responding :roll:

ShedMaster

Reaction score
i experienced a serious shed! Although I went from once per day applications of liquid minoxidil to twice per day of the foam variety so that could have contributed to it.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
i experienced a serious shed! Although I went from once per day applications of liquid minoxidil to twice per day of the foam variety so that could have contributed to it.

Shed master, same here. was getting discouraged with the foam after about a month as the hair became quite thin, plus it was drying the f*** outta my hair, but i am seeing significant new growth comming through. ride it out, you may be pleasntly surprised.
you already know this i suppose" shed master" :lol:

hurricom

Reaction score
Urrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Urrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Everyone keeps telling me this. I really want to start using it again, since everyone seems to think the shedding was a positiv response, I just fear it will cause me to shed, and the hair won't come back. I heard that this happens somewhat often. Anyone experience this?

G

I have never heard about anyone who didn´t recover from a minoxidil shed. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose except your hair (lame joke, I know). Good Luck!

ShedMaster

Reaction score
my recent extreme shedding from starting the minoxidil has appeared to have subsided in a big way. I don't like posting a something that could be interpreted as a knee jerk reaction but it really does seem as though the shedding storm has subsided majorly. I have my fingers crossed that regrowth/thickening will be around the corner.... well see.

Again, I started the foam with TWICE per day apps after using the liquid form with ONCE per day apps for several years of maintenance. The thinning started to catch up with me hence my decision to restart the dual applications per day.

THANK GOD for the foam, thats all I can say.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
where are you guys applying the foam and where have you been shedding from?

lunarjm

Reaction score
I've been using Xandrox 5% for a couple of years and have thought about switching to generic minoxidil...I was wondering why a large amount of people seem to be adding the minoxidil Foam to their regimen? Does it really work better than minoxidil liquid or are people just trying minoxidil for the first time and want to start with the foam?

Reaction score
H/B said:
ShedMaster said:

Shed master, same here. was getting discouraged with the foam after about a month as the hair became quite thin, plus it was drying the f*** outta my hair, but i am seeing significant new growth comming through. ride it out, you may be pleasntly surprised.
you already know this i suppose" shed master" :lol:

Thanks for the great post that answered my shedding worries :)

Bertie

Reaction score
Someone on another site mentioned this fact about the foam, and it's worth repeating here -- the foam leaves the hair slightly sticky (and can in fact be used as a rather poor styling aid). Brushing this sticky hair results in a greater amount of fallout at that moment versus brushing clean hair, due to the traction from the sticky foam. This, of course, is not really a shed; rather, you are brushing out all at once hair that was doomed to come out over the next few days anyway -- you're just trading more hairs in the bathroom sink versus fewer hairs lost every other place you go in a day.

ditto

Reaction score
Wait, until get a real feedback from long term foam users.

Hi,
I would suggest to stick with liquid until we get a very good user feedback("REAL" user, not company one) from long term foam users. Personally i felt bad when i switched from liquid to foam (i started shedding like crazy), then i called my dermatalogist and rogaine customer support and they don't have a real answer and they suggested me to go back to liquid.

Regards,
Dev.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont understand why people run away when they start shedding. it says on the package, on the website, everywhere, that it is likely you will experience a period of increased shedding and that you have to stick through it because that means it's working.

i'd be more inclined to ask questions if i WASN'T shedding 2 weeks in. rogaine foam is minoxidil, it's not fairy dust that you sprinkle on and your hair grows back in 2 days.

i see some GREAT results on this site, i also see an equal amount of people not giving these medications half a chance, analyzing their hairline every day, and then giving up and giving terrible product reviews and even worse advice.

ditto

Reaction score
Giving our feedback

Hi dietcola,
We're not discouraging, we just giving our feedback.

Does anyone can answer the following questions...

Q1. rogaine liquid and rogaine foam both contains "MINOXIDIL", why we need to see new shed while migrating?
Q2. While we are migrating whatever the hair grown by liquid is shedding, why?
Q3. All the shedding information on website is for new users, nothing for migraters why?
Q4. Even rogaine customer support or dermatalogist does not have valid answers for this, why?

This is my honest feeback about foam, thicker appearance/easier to use/no itching but it increases enormous amount of shedding (pls once again go thro' all foam users and most of them pointing in the same direction).

I agree that everyone(including me) looking for better and easier treatment, but it should not be "OPERATION SUCCESS PATIENT DIED".

Regards,
Dev.

nograce

Reaction score
dietcola said:
i dont understand why people run away when they start shedding. it says on the package, on the website, everywhere, that it is likely you will experience a period of increased shedding and that you have to stick through it because that means it's working.

i'd be more inclined to ask questions if i WASN'T shedding 2 weeks in. rogaine foam is minoxidil, it's not fairy dust that you sprinkle on and your hair grows back in 2 days.

i see some GREAT results on this site, i also see an equal amount of people not giving these medications half a chance, analyzing their hairline every day, and then giving up and giving terrible product reviews and even worse advice.

Basically you´re right.
But I´ve seen people using 4-8 years finasteride...stopping hairloss.....adding minoxidil for 8-12 month and losing so much hair that it can´t be normal for minoxidil.

Taking me as an example......I have been using minoxidil two year. In that time my baldness wasn´t very bad, but withing the last half year my hairloss declined so I started finasteride and stopped minoxidil for a couple of month before.

I´ve heard from the new foam, so I gave minoxidil a new change to work for me.

They say minoxidil Shed within the first months of using it is absolutely normal and a good sign......but affter two years?!?!
Or is that an initial shedd after 5 and a half month on finasteride only in front of my head?!

can´t believe what I see.

Shed ok.....but after 5 Month on it without seeing any f***** small baby hair...no velus hair.....nothing....

....thats not the major job of a shed.

But whatever.....I don´t won´t to baa here and you´re annoyed to read what an german idiot with ultra bad english has to tell you ;-)

I just want to show you my experiences...

ShedMaster

Reaction score
as I have said before I think we need to petition HairLossTalk.com to make an entire section on the forum dedicated to this phenomenon known as shedding.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nograce said:
dietcola said:
Taking me as an example......I have been using minoxidil two year. In that time my baldness wasn´t very bad, but withing the last half year my hairloss declined so I started finasteride and stopped minoxidil for a couple of month before.

They say minoxidil Shed within the first months of using it is absolutely normal and a good sign......but affter two years?!?!

/sarcasm Wow, you were using minoxidil alone without finasteride and experienced sheds? That is incredible. I mean, by not taking finasteride and allowing DHT to continue to attack your hair follicles, I am simply flabbergasted by the fact that you continued to shed. Its so obvious.... Monixidil makes people lose their hair, its a male pattern baldness increaser.

juhis

Reaction score
Re: Wait, until get a real feedback from long term foam user

ditto said:
Hi,
I would suggest to stick with liquid until we get a very good user feedback("REAL" user, not company one) from long term foam users. Personally i felt bad when i switched from liquid to foam (i started shedding like crazy), then i called my dermatalogist and rogaine customer support and they don't have a real answer and they suggested me to go back to liquid.

Regards,
Dev.

well, i'm no dermatologist or rogaine customer support person, but i'd have said to go back to the liquid too. it's like saying "hey Doctor, it hurts when i do this" and his reply would be "well, don't do that"