Anyone seeing Dr Rogers in the UK?

Vega

Reaction score
dont worry too much about it all carter, its part and parcel of internet forums that there are disagreements.

obviously, the important thing is that your happy with your results

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
I decided to bite the bullet at suggestions I'm a fake Vega. I really do want to support Dr Rogers in his work so I posted photos.

I still say it's early to judge but as I've posted elsewhere here's an indication of progress so far. My face is totally hidden naturally to protect the innocent!

Jan 06 before the first procedure 1800 grafts

IMG_0072-2.jpg

Jan 07 before the second procedure 2000 grafts

IMG_1286-1.jpg

Sept 07 (this evening) 9 months after the second procedure.

HPIM2932.jpg

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Was there poor graft growth? The coverage looks very poor for 3800 grafts. The hairline is unimpressive, he should have used more grafts and done a better design for the most important part of the hair transplant.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been criticised for not showing my results as I said it was too early to see the final results which is why I had a problem on another forum. And now as I expected I get comments judging my results as if they are fully matured. You can't win! :D

As far as I'm concerned I am not unhappy with my progress at this stage.

Shoudn't you change the name to Pessimist! :wink: You jug appears to be half empty!

s.a.f

Reaction score
How much more growth are you expecting 10/20%? For 3800 grafts this does'nt seem like a lot of hair.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
carter said:
I've been criticised for not showing my results as I said it was too early to see the final results which is why I had a problem on another forum. And now as I expected I get comments judging my results as if they are fully matured. You can't win! :D

Shoudn't you change the name to Pessimist! :wink: You jug appears to be half empty!

Hey, I just tried to give me honest opinion, I don't think optimism or pessimism is relevant . I realize that there may still be more growth as it can take more than 12 months, but at 9 months I wouldn't expect a lot more hair to grow in. I think it is great that you posted pictures and I appreciate you doing so. I think that the that the same results can be viewed as poor by one person and great by another demonstrates the importance of pictures. I feel the results are poor for the number of grafts you got. I'm not saving that they are bad, just that they seem to be average or a little lower (C- range). However, I'm glad you are happy with them because that is really the most important thing! I hope you have continued growth!

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Carter, I had had some sh*t off farrel on that topic too, when I tried to suggest other reasons for your actions he found it absurd for me to even suggest.

Anyway thanks for posting your pics, maybe he is reading this thread and this proves my theory right.

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks lucky I appreciated your support. He has said I'm on a damage limitation exercise - yes I guess I am because my character was being assassinated by one person controlling a forum! However I feel Farrell is on a damage limitation exercise which is why you got short thrift. I don't think he's the sort of chap that would call a truce in a battle! :lol: The explanation as to why I was considered a liar really has me scratching my head - It makes me feel as Basil Fawlty does with an awkward guest! :D Even my pictures have been implied as someone else - many posters have already said they think they could be better so presumably I made a bad choice choosing myself :wink: :lol:

You have to laugh at the absurdity of it all! My only regret is that I have been silenced on that board but I think most UK posters will look around more than one forum anyway. :)

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Optimist said:
carter said:

Hey, I just tried to give me honest opinion, I don't think optimism or pessimism is relevant . I realize that there may still be more growth as it can take more than 12 months, but at 9 months I wouldn't expect a lot more hair to grow in. I think it is great that you posted pictures and I appreciate you doing so. I think that the that the same results can be viewed as poor by one person and great by another demonstrates the importance of pictures. I feel the results are poor for the number of grafts you got. I'm not saving that they are bad, just that they seem to be average or a little lower (C- range). However, I'm glad you are happy with them because that is really the most important thing! I hope you have continued growth!

Fair enough but I hope for much more growth and appreciate your closing sentiment. :)

maol2006

Reaction score
Good to see your progress, Carter. I suppose if I’m being honest I thought the earlier pictures were a bit thin, so it’s good that you had the more recent one to put a different perspective on things. I think you said somewhere that you’d experienced relatively recent hair loss, so there may be a bit of a “two-way street†effect. I suppose one of the ‘benefits’ of being nearly wiped out in the middle (like me) is that everything is a gain.

Incidentally I’d got into my head that you’d been going for 2000 + 1500 grafts, so it seems you undershot on the first procedure and made up for it on the second?

Now, I’m thinking that I might post my pictures. Hopefully I’ll be back from seeing Rogers before the end of next month. If I get him to take a set before the final op then I can have a think about approving various cropped versions of them.

Also, I realise that I’ve had a go at one or two people. I didn’t come on to these boards to fight, so I’ll try to go easy on the personal digs from now on. Let’s just say that people can get on with running their own boards and it will become clear that others are acting in good faith. It’s easy to go into partisan mode and I don’t suppose that’s what the undecided lurkers, who may make up the majority of the readership, really want or need.

Keep growing!

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
maol2006 said:
Good to see your progress, Carter. I suppose if I’m being honest I thought the earlier pictures were a bit thin, so it’s good that you had the more recent one to put a different perspective on things.

Hi maol - yes my Jan 07 pictures aren't showing my result at it's best. My hair had just been cut for those pictures in readyness for the second surgery. What was important for me in assessing my own progress was to ensure the length of my hair didn't confuse the result. It makes a significant difference just allowing the hair to grow that bit longer and I think this can mislead in a photo in my view.

maol2006 said:
I think you said somewhere that you’d experienced relatively recent hair loss, so there may be a bit of a “two-way street†effect. I suppose one of the ‘benefits’ of being nearly wiped out in the middle (like me) is that everything is a gain.

Totally Maol - again because I had hair already I've noted comments that there's little difference between my Jan 06 and Jan 07 pictures. If I had a bald head originally the photos would have been quite clear however as I had diffuse thinning hair this has made it harder to properly judge my progress. Again photos have to be considered with full information.

maol2006 said:
Incidentally I’d got into my head that you’d been going for 2000 + 1500 grafts, so it seems you undershot on the first procedure and made up for it on the second?

Yes the first surgery was proposed for 2000 but at the second surgery, Dr R said it was in fact 1800. On the second occasion it was intended as 1500 and was 2000.

maol2006 said:
Now, I’m thinking that I might post my pictures.

I do think now by posting pictures it gives us credibility. There will be those criticising the results as poor but I believe it now allows us to reply specifically about our photos and fairly point out the flaws that can be made in viewing these. Lighting conditions, texture of hair, the length of hair, the loss of our existing hair from previous photos etc can all add confusion. My photos of incomplete results have been compared to some of the best results in the USA I believe to dismiss them but I'm hoping UK posters will appreciate by showing them as I have done not at their most flattering as I progress I'm trying to be as open as possible. I think this is much more credible and helpful.

maol2006 said:
Hopefully I’ll be back from seeing Rogers before the end of next month. If I get him to take a set before the final op then I can have a think about approving various cropped versions of them.

I hope it goes well with Dr R :)

maol2006 said:
Also, I realise that I’ve had a go at one or two people. I didn’t come on to these boards to fight, so I’ll try to go easy on the personal digs from now on.

I can't help think that there could be a vested interest in having us discredited by appearing to fight. I remained calm in my approach on that forum concerned and was descibed as a "poker player" so I'll take that as a compliment. :D I think I caused frustration because I didn't lose it. I really do appreciate the support of posters who attempted to defend me.

maol2006 said:
Let’s just say that people can get on with running their own boards and it will become clear that others are acting in good faith. It’s easy to go into partisan mode and I don’t suppose that’s what the undecided lurkers, who may make up the majority of the readership, really want or need.

Keep growing!

Totally agree Maol and good growth to you too! :D

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi this is just a quick note for anyone who was following my progress since Jan '06. I'd like to meet up with "Spex" at some stage this year and for those who are understandibly concerned with who are the genuine posters I hope this may help on my part. It's my intention to continue to keep those interested in my thoughts on my work completed by Dr Rogers, updated :)

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd bring this thread back up to the surface for UK users browsing the forum. Just to balance out negative commentary elsewhere :)

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I have read, and it has been pretty extensive, Dr. Rogers is not among the league of top doctors. Nor is he cheap.
Why go to the effort of going to less then the best when you will be staring at your hairline for the rest of your life. Choose carefully.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yes it may be more convient to not have to travel but you should put the end result first.