Anyone see Jon Cryer's interview on Conan?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow first time I've seen someone talk about their hairloss openly, which I guess is good. We are supposed to be accepting of all people yet bald people get ridiculed when we can't do a damn thing about it.

Did you see his reaction though right when hair was mentioned? His eyes opened up in shock and exasperation and then immediately looked up and away as if nervous about the topic.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone posted on one of the hair loss forums a clip from Two and a Half Men where Jon Cryer's character was using spraying on hair and Charlie walks in on him.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Wow first time I've seen someone talk about their hairloss openly, which I guess is good.

It was good, but he was talking about how he had hairy awesomeness and now its all gone, in essence he was saying that hairloss is a bad thing and that loss of hair is something to be mourned. Not a positive statement for baldites.

super

Reaction score
Also, to the people that hate being bald, what he said shows how bad bald people are seen. John Cryer plays the role of a looser. Alan Harper is like a major looser, he has nothing in his life, is bad socially, basically just a major looser. And EVEN if the character is a major looser, he couldn't be played bald. That is rough.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Also, to the people that hate being bald, what he said shows how bad bald people are seen. John Cryer plays the role of a looser. Alan Harper is like a major looser, he has nothing in his life, is bad socially, basically just a major looser. And EVEN if the character is a major looser, he couldn't be played bald. That is rough.

Because thats not his character his character has hair...he probably wasnt even going bald when he started the series...its just silly its like saying that guys with hair are losers cause his character has hair and happens to be a loser...i bet if he was bald you probably be saying "see how the guy who cant get laid and is made out to be a loser is bald? see? even programs make out that being bald is bad blah blah"...you cant win.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Danny has a point. In this case, I am glad his character is not bald.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
It was good, but he was talking about how he had hairy awesomeness and now its all gone, in essence he was saying that hairloss is a bad thing and that loss of hair is something to be mourned. Not a positive statement for baldites.

All he said was that he had great mane now its all gone...he didnt say anything about it being bad at all...i had great long hair once but now its gone but saying this i dont mean its a bad thing or i mourned over it...just that once i had great long hair but its gone (stating the obvious)...maybe he dont like it or maybe he is ok but he didnt say regardless.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
The "great" part implies its absence is something to be mourned about, as something "great" was lost.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
The "great" part implies its absence is something to be mourned about, as something "great" was lost.

Well actually looking back he didnt say "great" lol he said "spectacular mane unruly wonderfulness and its gone now"...but yeah looking back he face went down after he said it...but still i never cared about may hair but it stil looked "great" long (i suppose) thankfully i never really did care about my hair...cause you cant miss something you never cared for to begin with.

super

Reaction score
Because thats not his character his character has hair...he probably wasnt even going bald when he started the series...its just silly its like saying that guys with hair are losers cause his character has hair and happens to be a loser...i bet if he was bald you probably be saying "see how the guy who cant get laid and is made out to be a loser is bald? see? even programs make out that being bald is bad blah blah"...you cant win.

No, i wouldn't, i am very positive about balding (i fight it, but i try not to be too negative and crazy and paranoid) and do not come to the forum as often because people are just too negative and agressive here. But the series is more than 10 years old, there were episodes where Alan was starting to bald and started using products. They could just went with it and turn him slowly bald, they didn't. It was actually a thing from the episode that Alan was balding and suddenly it was just ignored. I would say that happened because John Cryer himself maybe didn't want to show up bald. But in no way the character didn't go bald because it was like the character was. It was a choice. Producers are very picky about bald men in television, they play certain parts only, unless they are someone very famous, like Bruce. It is a fact. If the characters they put in fiction were to really simulate reality, a lot more bald men would appear. And you see a lot less bald men in major roles.

So, there is a certain degree of prejudice, you can't deny it, THAT is being delusional. BUT the degree of prejudice is WAY smaller than a lot of people here claim it to be, like way way smaller.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
No, i wouldn't, i am very positive about balding (i fight it, but i try not to be too negative and crazy and paranoid) and do not come to the forum as often because people are just too negative and agressive here. But the series is more than 10 years old, there were episodes where Alan was starting to bald and started using products. They could just went with it and turn him slowly bald, they didn't. It was actually a thing from the episode that Alan was balding and suddenly it was just ignored. I would say that happened because John Cryer himself maybe didn't want to show up bald. But in no way the character didn't go bald because it was like the character was. It was a choice. Producers are very picky about bald men in television, they play certain parts only, unless they are someone very famous, like Bruce. It is a fact. If the characters they put in fiction were to really simulate reality, a lot more bald men would appear. And you see a lot less bald men in major roles.

So, there is a certain degree of prejudice, you can't deny it, THAT is being delusional. BUT the degree of prejudice is WAY smaller than a lot of people here claim it to be, like way way smaller.

Well the guy walks around with a balding head outside "hollywood" look it up on google...so it must be when he is on interviews etc he wants hair for what ever reason i dont know maybe he was told to or maybe he just wants hair i dont know he dont seem to care that people know his balding...but his character is a different thing all together it was probably just a thing to base the story around for a episode...cause its what many guys do specially when they start seeing their hair go...not saying this as fact but you never know the character is known as a "loser" regardless its not like they trying to make out going bald makes him a loser.

I could say that the makers dont want the actor to be bald cause the makers dont want to consider it as a "loser" look...or dont want a "loser" look to be bald...not saying this as fact im just saying and are you saying its a BAD thing that he is not bald playing a loser character?...you know people would moan if he was bald you just know you can never win...you should be glad that the bald look is not based round a "loser" look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoCQHU8i-ug

This clip shows the typical scenario a guy who has confidence by "filling" his bald spot and a guy who is pretty much trying to say its silly for doing it...spraying his head? taking some silly pills what could effect his health?...its like they are trying to say its silly to do it so dont do it or becareful at least...nothing to do with "they play certain parts only, unless they are someone very famous, like Bruce. It is a fact. If the characters they put in fiction were to really simulate reality, a lot more bald men would appear. And you see a lot less bald men in major roles."

"So, there is a certain degree of prejudice, you can't deny it, THAT is being delusional. BUT the degree of prejudice is WAY smaller than a lot of people here claim it to be, like way way smaller."...and maybe there is some but still.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Leave it to dannyboy to take a well thought out and constructed post full of relevant points chew it up and regergitate it into baby food.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Leave it to dannyboy to take a well thought out and constructed post full of relevant points chew it up and regergitate it into baby food.

All i see from this comment is that you really have nothing to say but you be a sarcastic git to me like you did to swingline and goes knows who else.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't understand all the hate DannyBoyy gets here. He has a different view but he isn't an *** about it.