Anyone regret starting foam?

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
Meaning did it do more harm than good. Especially in the aggressive balding stage. Not this NW2 sh*t everyone seems to be in here.

Cassin

Reaction score
Brokenwall said:
cassin can i take minoxidil foam on a plane ?

I have no clue. I suggest you call and ask...you don't want to listen to people here on a forum. Every airport is a bit different and I would not risk it without knowing for sure, from them.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
Brokenwall said:
I didn't want to risk them throwing out my can, so I put it in my suitcase with no problem.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Brokenwall said:

I did but I recommend placing it on the baggage you check in and that is not carry on.

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
Brokenwall said:

Yes. I've taken a couple foam cans with me on the plane. I had it in my backpack and didn't have any problems with security going to my destination and then no problems coming back from my destination.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
There is zero problem taking it on a plane. The can is less than 3 ounces. Just put it in the ziplock with the rest of your (under 3 ounce) liquids and send it through the x-ray. Or, as someone pointed out, put it in checked baggage. No problem either way.

http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm

I have taken it on perhaps 20+ domestic flights and recently an international one.

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
Back on topic...I am trying to get feedback from people that have to put it all over not just the temples. Is it worth the trouble? Or is there a point where it is too far gone for the treatment to be effective.
I may buy some and try it on my temples as a test area. It can only improve there. Only vellous hairs to be seen...

Pharaoh

Reaction score
I regret it!! Thankfully after dropping it my hair is getting thicker, but it is my belief that minoxidil NEVER EVER produces "quality" hair. Who gives a sh*t if you get peach fuzz?? It's not enough to be a cosmetic improvement. Finasteride on the other hand, clearly has a cosmetic effect.

beaner

Reaction score
Pharaoh said:
, but it is my belief that minoxidil NEVER EVER produces "quality" hair. Who gives a $#iT if you get peach fuzz?? , .

I've grown a shitload of cosmetically acceptable hair from minoxidil. So your belief that it NEVER EVER does is wrong.

Finish line

Established Member
Reaction score
Pharaoh said:
I regret it!! Thankfully after dropping it my hair is getting thicker, but it is my belief that minoxidil NEVER EVER produces "quality" hair. Who gives a $#iT if you get peach fuzz?? It's not enough to be a cosmetic improvement. Finasteride on the other hand, clearly has a cosmetic effect.

It's called "You're in the 20% group for whom it doesn't work"

minoxidil has kicked major *** for me over these years, I'd be in a really bad place without it.

I'd take minoxidil over anything else.

Pharaoh

Reaction score
Well, maybe I didn't wait it out long enough, but I had to trust my instincts.

I'm just saying that I have seen many regrowth pics from minoxidil, but it never looks anything other than the "so what, who cares, still balding" type of hair.

I'd love to see your pics.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Pharaoh said:

I'm just saying that I have seen many regrowth pics from minoxidil, but it never looks anything other than the "so what, who cares, still balding" type of hair.

minoxidil is the BEST growth agent we have....finasteride cant compare to minoxidil as far as hair counts and hair weight...just b/c it didnt work for you doesn't mean its useless.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pharaoh said:

S-E Freak had amazing regrowth.

I used it for 3 months and had regrowth, I just thought it made my face fat from water retention so I dropped it. But anyone with aggressive hairloss I would recommend it to.

TheHairGrower

Established Member
Reaction score
what works better in terms of growing actual hair? not eas of application, or styling, or what not.

Does kirkland minoxidil and foam grow about the same hair?

or is foam maybe more advanced and grows hair betteR?

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
the foam has thinned out and receded my right side significantly. Its been two months and now i dont know what to do. Im stuck.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Guess it doesn't matter how many times it's stated on this forum.

2 months in is not sufficient time to to assess your final result. The fact that you've shed a bit means you're responding. That's not bad!

PS: 3 months is not enough time either. Neither is 6, really. Shoot for 12 then make a decision.