Anyone Recover From Reflex Hyperandrogenicity??

pcas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Firstly, if anyone wants to respond by telling me that reflex hyperandrogenicity is not a thing, you can stop right now. It has been confirmed by two doctors that this is what I have.

I went on propecia in March of this year. Within probably two weeks I started to experience what I thought was the usual shedding. I was obviously concerned and turned to discussion boards where I found countless responses indicating that the shedding, regardless of the severity, was just part of the process.

I wanted to believe that that was the case so I carried on. I was (and still am) experiencing hundreds of lost hairs every day, increased (though admittedly not drastically) acne, increased sebum production, increased sexual function for about two and a half months. Finally, I went to see the original doctor who prescribed it and another doctor. They both confirmed that this is not anything close to normal. Actually the second doctor (not the prescriber) told me that he had prescribed Propecia to thousands of patients over the years and he had seen maybe a dozen patients who responded as I have.

Obviously I am distraught. I don't know what to do. I am one week off this poison and still shedding like crazy. I have lost maybe 60% of my hair. The loss is all over my head but it's worse on the crown and the sides (I NEVER experienced loss on the sides before Propecia). Both doctors told me that some of it may grow back eventually. The sad thing is that my male pattern baldness wasn't even that bad. I was losing my hair for sure. But I turn 40 next month and I probably would not have got to this point for a good number of years.

Like I said, if you are some shill trying to convince me that this isn't what I know it is, don't bother. Unfortunately it absolutely is a real thing. If you are one of the many who have not experienced this, then i envy you. Propecia has destroyed my hair and my confidence. What has happened is causing me severe anxiety and depression.

I would recommend to ANYONE whose thinking about Propecia to really think about it. I know the chances of success seem high. But this drug has REAL downsides. It's bad enough to lose your hair but to know you made a decision that lead to this is devastating.

I want to hear from people who have actually experienced this and can give me their story. Did any of it come back? Did you follow any regiment that you think helped or made it worse? Any responses from actual sufferers would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,230
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,231
  • IMG_4089.jpg
    IMG_4089.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,428

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dunno, try off for 3 months and see how it goes. If still shedding try duta, nothing to lose at that point

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try DUTA? What's DUTA? Isn't DUTA a condition when you go full chrome dome? lol

That’s dupa. Duta is Dutasteride. Seems like the increased inhibition over propecia overcomes the RA in some people, some not. If you are gonna lose your hair anyway seems like it’s worth a try

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you even get a script of dutasteride? Would my dermatologist prescribe it?

Barry20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try DUTA? What's DUTA? Isn't DUTA a condition when you go full chrome dome? lol

How r u getting on pcas? I came off finasteride about a month ago and it's clear it's messed my hormones up: increased body hair sweat, adrenal type fatigue and my hair continues to fall from my haed w the slightest pull in T E type way. I think I am similar to u and want to know how ur getting on so I know if this will continue or havenhope of it stopping

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting. The shedding of the sides is something that intrigues me, as I myself had that reaction to finasteride. I did not get hypersexuality however, and am on my way slowly to recovering that.

I don't have any advice because there are two options, either continue f*****g with your hormones (which brought you to this) or let go, or depending on how much money you make self inject growth factors subdermally in the scalp - which works by the way.

Barry20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting. The shedding of the sides is something that intrigues me, as I myself had that reaction to finasteride. I did not get hypersexuality however, and am on my way slowly to recovering that.

I don't have any advice because there are two options, either continue f*****g with your hormones (which brought you to this) or let go, or depending on how much money you make self inject growth factors subdermally in the scalp - which works by the way.

Nah never goin on finasteride again staying off it and trying to reset my hormones naturally and pray I get back to normal, if anyone wants to buy some finasteride cheap let me know

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
So are you guys still shedding like crazy? I’m on my second month and I’ve lost A TON of density. I’m thinking about stopping but I’m worried it’s still early days and some might come back... In all honesty though, I went from slight crown thinning to terribly diffused all over during this time so should I just stop?

Barry20

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on it 6 months and it mad my hair worry and thicker and kept thinking it was just a shed I haven't lost loads of hair and I can cover it up but I have lost lots of density in the temples. I knew I was having a bad reaction to finasteride because my libido was up and my body hair increased, and I looked older when people take it and it works leg hair goes down and people look younger and libido should go down slightly. My hormones have just fought against it

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on it 6 months and it mad my hair worry and thicker and kept thinking it was just a shed I haven't lost loads of hair and I can cover it up but I have lost lots of density in the temples. I knew I was having a bad reaction to finasteride because my libido was up and my body hair increased, and I looked older when people take it and it works leg hair goes down and people look younger and libido should go down slightly. My hormones have just fought against it
I can’t cover mine up anymore unfortunately. I believe my body hair went up too. I guess I may have to get off it.

Barry20

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this is actually quite common read about it happening to loads of people and it isn't a registered symptom because propecia will say it's just your natural male pattern baldness but I'm certain I don't have male pattern baldness and just got worried about my naturally high hairline cos no one in my fam lost any hair I had bad anxiety at the time aswell which warped my view. Oh and finasteride increased my anxiety

Last edited:

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree 100% , if don't have much hair loss then don't even think about finasteride.
Nah I have a lot of hair loss lol. Even before finasteride my crown was starting to thin out. But now I’m completely fucked and toppik barely conceals the thinning. Not sure what to do now, giving up on finasteride this early would suck. But if I’ve lost this much on finasteride this early, who knows what’ll happen if I keep going.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah I have a lot of hair loss lol. Even before finasteride my crown was starting to thin out. But now I’m completely fucked and toppik barely conceals the thinning. Not sure what to do now, giving up on finasteride this early would suck. But if I’ve lost this much on finasteride this early, who knows what’ll happen if I keep going.
No what I am saying is that if anyone had minimal hairloss that they should stay away from finasteride

Barry20

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have message quite a few of these threads with people with symptoms like this and the OP dont reply which I hope that they have recovered and dont waste their life on here anymore which gives hope, or they've topped themselves lool

scott999

My Regimen
Reaction score
Firstly, if anyone wants to respond by telling me that reflex hyperandrogenicity is not a thing, you can stop right now. It has been confirmed by two doctors that this is what I have.

I went on propecia in March of this year. Within probably two weeks I started to experience what I thought was the usual shedding. I was obviously concerned and turned to discussion boards where I found countless responses indicating that the shedding, regardless of the severity, was just part of the process.

I wanted to believe that that was the case so I carried on. I was (and still am) experiencing hundreds of lost hairs every day, increased (though admittedly not drastically) acne, increased sebum production, increased sexual function for about two and a half months. Finally, I went to see the original doctor who prescribed it and another doctor. They both confirmed that this is not anything close to normal. Actually the second doctor (not the prescriber) told me that he had prescribed Propecia to thousands of patients over the years and he had seen maybe a dozen patients who responded as I have.

Obviously I am distraught. I don't know what to do. I am one week off this poison and still shedding like crazy. I have lost maybe 60% of my hair. The loss is all over my head but it's worse on the crown and the sides (I NEVER experienced loss on the sides before Propecia). Both doctors told me that some of it may grow back eventually. The sad thing is that my male pattern baldness wasn't even that bad. I was losing my hair for sure. But I turn 40 next month and I probably would not have got to this point for a good number of years.

Like I said, if you are some shill trying to convince me that this isn't what I know it is, don't bother. Unfortunately it absolutely is a real thing. If you are one of the many who have not experienced this, then i envy you. Propecia has destroyed my hair and my confidence. What has happened is causing me severe anxiety and depression.

I would recommend to ANYONE whose thinking about Propecia to really think about it. I know the chances of success seem high. But this drug has REAL downsides. It's bad enough to lose your hair but to know you made a decision that lead to this is devastating.

I want to hear from people who have actually experienced this and can give me their story. Did any of it come back? Did you follow any regiment that you think helped or made it worse? Any responses from actual sufferers would be greatly appreciated.

I'm 19 and I have experienced the same exact thing. Lost about half my hair in just five months. Acne is terrible and sebum is legit soaking my scalp and face when i wake up in the morning. Not sure what to do. I might switch to a topical antiangrogen and try to recover what I have lost. I feel like Im too young to have this drug f*** up my body. But if worse comes to worse i might just shave my head. My best advice is to just shave your head man. Im 19 and im considering it. Hair is not worth f*****g up our bodies like this.