Anyone Recover From Reflex Hyperandrogenicity??

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This isn't sexual or mental side effects that are ambiguous, it's tangible symptoms that I feel everyday that started after an exact time period, a 2-3 month finasteride break and a 1 month stint on topical finasteride before starting oral again. This isn't my first rodeo with finasteride either, I've been on it successfully with minimal to no sides for 6 years and seen the sheds and ridden them out, but this is different.

My scalp is visibly red/inflamed/itchy/oily and I'm shedding & miniaturizing more then I've ever shed before with confirmation from areas being visibly thin that were not just 5 months ago, as well as a full Norwood missing from the front (mainly the temple points). Something is causing this, I just don't know which part of the events it was.
I get that. The founder of the site addressed that and deems such things stochastically rare but since millions are using such meds, there can be the unlucky ones. Females often state that birth control triggered a cycle of hair loss that they can't emerge from.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get that. The founder of the site addressed that and deems such things stochastically rare but since millions are using such meds, there can be the unlucky ones. Females often state that birth control triggered a cycle of hair loss that they can't emerge from.
No for sure it's going to be rare, I'm just stuck now because I already used the drug for years and it worked. If i quit now, I'm basically doomed to years of catch up loss anyways. I have a brother 2 years younger then me with the same hairloss and never taken anything and he's shaving his head already, so I know where I am headed and have evidence that finasteride worked.

That's why I'm posting seeking for advise how to navigate the sides, because I'd like to normalize the situation and at least maintain what I have now again. The fact that I already used this without such sides should be evidence enough that my body isn't going to be locked into this state.

kopiko4

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair got way worse after starting topical finasteride (Essengen-F). It thinned rapidly in just 4 month, all over the scalp.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some times I feel as though we are doing Merck's job. They should probably address the shedding/increased hair loss issue by doing double blind testing. The rest of us are stuck with just analyzing sheds in general along with inflammation.