anyone pls give me some solutions or suggestion, help needed

cavesong121

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I have a problem with my left temple and I would appreciate if u guys can provide me with a remedy or solutions for it.

Ok, I am on propecia and minoxidil 5% for a couple of years. Recently I was looking at the mirror and I found that my left temple has receded quite a lot, and it no longer respond to the 5% minoxidil I am using everyday. In fact I would say this is the bad area and this is where I first saw signs of balding and started propecia and using minoxidil. My crown and right temple are OK I guess. It is my left temple that is giving me the problem.

Obviously, 5% minoxidil no longer works for my left temple, and I am not sure whether I should just up the strength. Guys pls suggest what I should do about my left temple? Should I try the minoxidil 5% with retin A or xandrox or increase the strength? Sigh...the thing is, I do not really want to up the strength at such a fast pace lest it loses the effect on me as I am only 30 years old.

Thank you so much for the respond and for reading my posting, appreciate that!!!

regards
henry

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If minoxidil & Propecia are no longer keeping your temple in shape, the Propecia is losing ground. Eventually, Propecia isn't as effective and you either have to up your dosage, or you need to move on to something like dutasteride.

My suggestion would be to start using dutasteride instead of propecia. 0.1mg of dutasteride per day inhibits as much 5ar2 as 5mg of finasteride. You could start taking 0.5mg dutasteride 2x per week (about 0.1mg/day) and judge results from there.

If after 6 months on dutasteride you don't see any improvement, then play around with other topicals/higher concentrations of minoxidil etc.

cavesong121

Reaction score
The thing is, I am not having much of a problem with my right frontal or my crown. They look normal and full all right, it is the left frontal that is giving me problems.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the left side receeding is just a sign of things to come. If you were maintaining for 2 years and only now starting to notice receeding, it's most likely the Propecia effect wearing off.

You can try Ozbrew, or maybe 15% minoxidil etc to see if that works, but like I said before, I'd suggest 1st trying a stronger DHT blocker like dutasteride.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
exstatic said:
Its too late, your fight is over.

:freaked:

Not true at all...I think trying dutasteride. is a good idea if it's right for you. And upping the Minoxidil is always an option like you said. Some people here claim that CP's work pretty good and even Revivogen.

exstatic

Reaction score
Fallout Boy said:
exstatic said:
Its too late, your fight is over.

:freaked:

Not true at all...I think trying dutasteride. is a good idea if it's right for you. And upping the Minoxidil is always an option like you said. Some people here claim that CP's work pretty good and even Revivogen.

I 'was' being slightly sarcastic :)