Anyone On Here Currently On No Treatments And Just Waiting For Something Better To Come Out?

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anyone here who is currently on no treatments and just hoping? (no promises but there could be something else available in 5 years?)

finasteride & minoxidil aren't options to me. I'm yet to go down the Kane route and buy these newer research drugs and can't really get a hair transplant at my age so I'm just sat here with a couple of multi-vitamins that are good for hair, a bottle of castor oil and some nizoral shampoo waiting for a future treatment.

I can't be the only one though right? Some of you must also just be trawling the new research page looking for info on Brotzu, Tsuji, Replicel etc etc etc all whilst not really doing anything for you hair?

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
EDIT:

At the moment I'm sort f just watching my hair fall out, imagining it'll get bad enough I'll shave it at some point, live the life of a bald man for a few years and splash the cash and get some hair cloning or something done. Maybe I'm being overly-optimistic with future treatments but optimism keeps me happy.

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
yes, i don't think the side effects from propecia is worth it. Just buzz your hair until something better comes out or until its time to shave it

Sokubo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, i don't think the side effects from propecia is worth it. Just buzz your hair until something better comes out or until its time to shave it

Have you tried Propecia to see any side effects for yourself? Seems unfair to base that off what others have experienced.

ozm8ey

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Propecia to see any side effects for yourself? Seems unfair to base that off what others have experienced.
im worried about the irreversible side effects. I saw a video on youtube and this guy said he took finasteride and 1 min later he felt strange and when he got off it his systems crashed or something. If i wasn't already on other medications I would try though

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please not this Finasterise side effects discussion.

It's been done to death. Most don't get sides, some do, almost always completely irreversible, very very occasionally more severe.

Anyway, anyone else just chilling holding onto what they have until the future?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
im worried about the irreversible side effects. I saw a video on youtube and this guy said he took finasteride and 1 min later he felt strange and when he got off it his systems crashed or something. If i wasn't already on other medications I would try though

Lol. I believe some of the finasteride stories. It happens to unlucky people. This is just stops though. He took 1 pill and 1 minute later he was screwed up for life? Don't put much stock into any one story. There are enough stories about gin that I think some ppl can get permanent or long lasting does, but this is just stupid.

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
18deuo.jpg

Aldrich

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just quit minoxidil, going into the 4th month. I don't take finasteride or any other drug. I'm an 'either or'-kind of guy. Either I get my teenage hairline back or f*** it. I can't live with half-assed results. It's not worth it. I'd rather just get on whatever natural stuff there is, and just slow things down. I know this is not an option for some people, though.

So, yeah, I'm waiting without taking any synthetic treatments. I don't think anything reliable will appear until stem cells are the mainstream treatment for everything. But, by then, I'll probably be either in my 70-90s or dead, so it doesn't matter.

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you guys. I stopped taking finasteride last year after 8 months. Now I come here every couple of weeks to check what the latest news on treatments are while I watch my hair fade away. I had some hope when I saw the Italian doctor thread. Something about reversing 5 years of hair loss lol. I hope his product is released soon.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anyone here who is currently on no treatments and just hoping? (no promises but there could be something else available in 5 years?)

finasteride & minoxidil aren't options to me. I'm yet to go down the Kane route and buy these newer research drugs and can't really get a hair transplant at my age so I'm just sat here with a couple of multi-vitamins that are good for hair, a bottle of castor oil and some nizoral shampoo waiting for a future treatment.

I can't be the only one though right? Some of you must also just be trawling the new research page looking for info on Brotzu, Tsuji, Replicel etc etc etc all whilst not really doing anything for you hair?

As most people know around here, I have tried EVERYTHING. Right now, I am on the only thing that ever kinda worked for me - the "natural" kitchen sink approach. I strongly believe that if one is not going to take medication, this method can't hurt. Twenty small guns may still injure a vicious beast, enough to slow him down. Here is everything I use now, in case you're curious.

- minoxidil 5% after dermarolling
- nizoral
- herbal prostate combo - contains all the natural "DHT inhibitors"
- oral eqoul
- oral castor oil
- oral pumpkin seed oil
- fish oil
- collagen and bone broth protein shakes
- anti - inflammatory diet
- MSM
- oral apple cider vinegar

- Hell, if it doesn't help, I do believe it's at least healthy. I only attempt this because literally NOTHING else worked, rather only made things drastically worse. Why not?

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As most people know around here, I have tried EVERYTHING. Right now, I am on the only thing that ever kinda worked for me - the "natural" kitchen sink approach. I strongly believe that if one is not going to take medication, this method can't hurt. Twenty small guns may still injure a vicious beast, enough to slow him down. Here is everything I use now, in case you're curious.

- nizoral
- oral eqoul
- oral castor oil
- oral pumpkin seed oil
- fish oil
- MSM

- Hell, if it doesn't help, I do believe it's at least healthy. I only attempt this because literally NOTHING else worked, rather only made things drastically worse. Why not?

Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Buckthorn, is there any cold hard science or mostly anecdotal evidence behind things in your regime? Also intrigued about oral S-equol. There is a lab that sells it but it comes with a hefty price tag!!

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

- nizoral
- oral eqoul
- oral castor oil
- oral pumpkin seed oil
- fish oil
- MSM

Aren't you also on ru ?
By the way are you taking collagen because of minoxidil ?
I'll be in the same boat as u soon with minoxidil, ru, finasteride (cant make up my mind if to drop this crap) and 20 small guns blazing.