Anyone on .25mg every other day?

Mitch97

Reaction score
Thinking about trying this since I seem to be getting some inflamation sides from .25mg daily. It's definitely working for my hair though after 1 yr.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I reduced my finasteride to 0.25mg per day after 3-4 months as still too tired from sides.

I try to take it every day but probably miss the odd day.

its not had any effect for me coming up to 6 months and still losing aggressively.

You should really take it every day as its half life is short, but every other day would be better than not at all.

When did you see benefits from taking it?

Mitch97

Reaction score
I saw benefits from .25mg about 1 week after starting (hair became smoother) and slight sexual sides about 3 weeks in. Those cleared up fairly quickly, but now I'm getting some other weird aches and pains. I'm doing a ton of research, and it may be estrogen related.

I started taking DIM to reduce estradiol (bad estrogen) and omega-3 fish oil to reduce inflammation.

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
What is DIM?

What is DIM and where can I get it? Is it prescription? I take very, very low dose of Finasteride although I still have very odd sides. Please enlighten me on this whole DIM stuff?

Mitch97

Reaction score
Re: What is DIM?

timallen45 said:
What is DIM and where can I get it? Is it prescription? I take very, very low dose of Finasteride although I still have very odd sides. Please enlighten me on this whole DIM stuff?

No script needed. Get it pretty much at any vitamin shop...even Whole Foods. I think it really works in controlling the estradiol in your system. I take two 100mg capsules a day. I also take plenty of omega-3 fish oil and GNC Mega Men Sport.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on 0.25mg a day for around 18 months due to getting sides on 0.5mg. My hair has continued to get worse over this time but I really don't want to up the dose and get sides again.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Biff, that does not sound so good and maybe not much promise for me at 6 months on same dose as you.

Just hoping for a slowdown...

If you've kept on it though you must have some faith its doing something or you would have given up just to avoid all sides?

They do say if its not having an effect after 1 yr then its likely its not working for that person.

CJ1980

Reaction score
I am taking 25 mg every other day because i am slowly taking myself off of propecia. I had recently taken it down form .5, then after a month I went on .25 daily. Now Im on .25 every other day and after a couple weeks I will be off of propecia.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CJ1980 said:
I am taking 25 mg every other day because i am slowly taking myself off of propecia. I had recently taken it down form .5, then after a month I went on .25 daily. Now Im on .25 every other day and after a couple weeks I will be off of propecia.

erm, what is the point of that? If you want to get off propecia then STOP taking it.

CJ1980

Reaction score
To be honest Im not sure if its necessary at all. But because its a drug that affects hormones in the body I thought it might be better to let my body adjust to the change gradually.