Anyone Mixing Azelaic Acid With Minoxidil

pcas

My Regimen
Reaction score
So desperate to find a solution to losing my hair, I found some Azelaic acid flakes on eBay and mixed them with Kirkland 5% Minoxidil.

Just wondering what other people’s experience Has been - anyone crazy enough to try this.

A couple of specific questions

1.what color is it supposed to be? (Mine is a very light orangey yellow color -does that sound right???)

2. Also, I’ve been trying this for about a week now and my shed has increased slightly. Is this normal?

3. Does anyone who is doing this have a certified source for the AA?

4. Anyone else who is mixing their own acid with minoxidil,do you have anything else you’re adding to the mix that you think makes this better??

5. Finally, anyone else whose doing this -what kind of results have you seen with this??

Some people swear by AA. I’m hoping this will do something for me.

Thanks,
P

eastham1

Reaction score
Hi

I have been using Aa with minoxidil for 2 and a half months.

I mix 3 grams into a 60ml bottle
As days go by it turns brown
Shed is perfectly normal
I brought of ebay UK.
Results have been brilliant. Best thing ive done.

My mixture is with kirkland minoxidil.turned brown.. looks like dog sh*t... then applied it and rubbed it in just in the evenings (forever to dry if u apply it in.the morning). first I was like "this sh*t aint gonna work, but give it time"... shedding phase began.. why? Applying new chemical to hair.. reactions take place naturally.

A week later shedding stopped dead in its tracks. hair seemed stronger. A few weeks later.. hair looked thicker and felt way stronger.

Thats pretty much whats been happening. No shedding and thicker stronger hair. I really dont think I have grown any new hair but its helping maintain old hair.

Get yourself a bottle of ketokonozole as well to add to the regimen. Try finestride if u want as it may bolster and help but thats up to you.

Its cheaper to buy AA yourself and mix. Like I said .. I brought of ebay.. you judge the source fella

Hope.that helps