Anyone Know What's Happening? Dutasteride Shedding

surfit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm 34, and I've been experiencing slow but steady diffuse thinning all over the top of my head starting six years ago. I have blond hair, so I ignored it for the first 4 years. But I've been on Dutasteride .05mg per day since January, 2016. Religiously.

While I've had constant sheds throughout the last 2 years, of mostly miniaturized hairs, I stuck through it, because each time it seemed my hair came back stronger. Specifically, thicker follicles, and with more color. Even the front temples filled in more, which had experienced more thinning than the back. But even after 2 years I can still see miniaturized hairs when I look closely.

I had been getting my prescription filled at Walgreens, but two months ago I switched to Ralph's groceries pharmacy (Kroger), a legit pharmacy, to save money. $22 vs. $65

Over the last two months, I've been experiencing a pretty severe shed, to the point where I feel like I've lost some of my positive results.

The only thing in my regimen that's different is that I switched my prescription to another pharmacy, and I ordered Nizoral 2% shampoo from a website in Bangkok which I use 2-3x per week.

Could my body be reacting to a different pharmaceutical manufacturer? And do sheds continue into year #2?

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm stressing. THANK YOU.

surfit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Worth mentioning that if I try, I can gently pull at the roots of my hair and pull out two or three miniaturized hairs at any given time, per tug. What would this suggest?