Anyone Know How Long It Can Take To Recover From finasteride?

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride changes neurosteroids..its suspected it also affects the receptors in the brain...ssri can cause similar long lasting side effects regarding errections..

try cabergoline...there are some threads about it here on this forum...it helped the far majority

How would I get that since I live in the uk. I don't think the doctor would just give it. Just to note that libido is fine, just that erections are weak.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How would I get that since I live in the uk. I don't think the doctor would just give it. Just to note that libido is fine, just that erections are weak.

online pharmacies

like i said..there a few threads about this topic here...people got cured off ed and weak erections even after quitting cabergoline..

your choice

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
online pharmacies

like i said..there a few threads about this topic here...people got cured off ed and weak erections even after quitting cabergoline..

your choice

From a lot of what I could see people were taking it for gyno. Also I decided to look it up, doesn't seem like a drug people should becausally taking. I think I might get blood tests done just to check my hormone levels.

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/cabergoline.html

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From a lot of what I could see people were taking it for gyno. Also I decided to look it up, doesn't seem like a drug people should becausally taking. I think I might get blood tests done just to check my hormone levels.

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/cabergoline.html

bloodtest are pointless bc you cant measure your receptors

but like i said its your choice

maybe your weak erections go away with time

maybe not

ckp4eva

Reaction score
Hi man, enjoyed reading your story. Have you had any resolve with this? I, myself am going through what seems like the exact same experience as you.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Keep up the fight!

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi man, enjoyed reading your story. Have you had any resolve with this? I, myself am going through what seems like the exact same experience as you.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Keep up the fight!

Not much it's hard enough I guess, maybe it will improve with more time I hope. Penis felt very numb when orgasming today but I think that's down to the antidepressant I'm on (mirtazapine). What's worse is my depression is pretty bad today.

How long have you had this for?

ckp4eva

Reaction score
Not much it's hard enough I guess, maybe it will improve with more time I hope. Penis felt very numb when orgasming today but I think that's down to the antidepressant I'm on (mirtazapine). What's worse is my depression is pretty bad today.

How long have you had this for?

Have you been on this particular anti-depressant for this whole time? That could be holding you back if that is the case man.

I don’t know tbh, I’ve probably been this way for about a year. What’s weird though; if I take something such as a v****, I can f*** like a lion. This makes me wonder if it’s a mental issue rather than a mechanical one - can anyone elaborate on this?

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you been on this particular anti-depressant for this whole time? That could be holding you back if that is the case man.

I don’t know tbh, I’ve probably been this way for about a year. What’s weird though; if I take something such as a v****, I can f*** like a lion. This makes me wonder if it’s a mental issue rather than a mechanical one - can anyone elaborate on this?

I've been on this antidepressant for around 2 months and I've been on a few before that. The only side effect that is from the mirtazapine may be the reduced penis sensitivity. However, the weak erections were happening before I started any antidepressant, basically I know it sounds gross lol but my penis feels less hard and the width feels a little smaller if that makes sense. You're right though it could be partly mental because there have been a few occasions since I got of finasteride where it was near enough back to normal. But yeah that was rare.

My doctor just upped my dose for this antidperessant because my depression was coming back. Ideally I'd like to be off antidepressants but the depression is pretty bad and I have therapy in a few months so hopefully that helps.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

v**** is a chemical stimulant so why do you think is a mental problem when in the absence of a mechanical stimulation you have a limp dick?

Last edited: