Anyone Here Using Tretinoin For Wrinkles?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on it for several months now. I started with .025% for a few months and now I've been using .05% for a few months.

Initially I was quite pleased with how smooth my face was looking. My skin seemed to be tolerating it quite well and I wasn't experiencing any of the excessive redness and peeling a lot of people get. Lately though, I've noticed my nose and cheeks are slightly red and it doesn't seem to be evening out, although I am not experiencing peeling in these areas so I don't know what's going on

This is confusing me. The last thing I want to do is age my skin faster when I am trying to do the opposite. I think I'm going to go back down to .025% as I wasn't having any issues with it. Also just came upon this study showing the effects of .1% and .025% for wrinkle prevention are not far apart:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7544967

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here I've been on 0.025% for a few months and wanted to bump up to 0.05%.

Not a retin-a expert by any means, but rather just chiming in this conversation. Do you use it every day? I guess you could try 0.05% 3-4 days a week.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here I've been on 0.025% for a few months and wanted to bump up to 0.05%.

Not a retin-a expert by any means, but rather just chiming in this conversation. Do you use it every day? I guess you could try 0.05% 3-4 days a week.

Yeah I use it every night

The last few days I've got back down to .025%. I may just stick with this % or else try like you're suggesting and use the stronger one just a few times a week

resu

Reaction score
My Doctor and her medic or whatever she is supposed to be both have rosy cheeks and nose and their skin looks too smooth for their age, I immediately thought if they used tretinoin or done peeling, not because of the redness but for the smoothness and glow. If it's red you just have to stop using until it clears in that area. I wanted to try it to see if the pores would get reduced but it seems like wishful thinking.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I use it every night

The last few days I've got back down to .025%. I may just stick with this % or else try like you're suggesting and use the stronger one just a few times a week

I just use over the counter retinol its 1.5%..I spoke to my Derm about the prescription strength she told me I don't need it to keep using the one i have--which i did no purchase from her...Im going to see how my skin does over winter months but i have to say i am pretty happy with what i am using so far and its gentle. I use a vitamin C serum in day also.

If i were you i would bump down to every other day or even 3x a week--that is potent stuff and you are young aren't you?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just use over the counter retinol its 1.5%..I spoke to my Derm about the prescription strength she told me I don't need it to keep using the one i have--which i did no purchase from her...Im going to see how my skin does over winter months but i have to say i am pretty happy with what i am using so far and its gentle. I use a vitamin C serum in day also.

If i were you i would bump down to every other day or even 3x a week--that is potent stuff and you are young aren't you?

From all I've read tretinoin for anti aging benefits can be used every night as long as the skin is tolerating it. These were also the instructions from the doctor who prescribed it to me. From the research I've done otc retinols don't come close to prescription strength tretinoin as far as wrinkle prevention goes, but idk, if you have a doctor telling you that it may be fine

I also use a vitamin c serum in the morning before I apply sunscreen

I'm 28, but I'd like to continue looking young into my 40's and beyond if possible. I already have lines on my forehead and the very light beginnings of what will eventually become crows feet if untreated

I'm already liking how my skin is looking after bumping back down to .025 for a few days. My skin seems to tolerate this strength very well, so I will probably just stick with this for the time being

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From all I've read tretinoin for anti aging benefits can be used every night as long as the skin is tolerating it. These were also the instructions from the doctor who prescribed it to me. From the research I've done otc retinols don't come close to prescription strength tretinoin as far as wrinkle prevention goes, but idk, if you have a doctor telling you that it may be fine

I also use a vitamin c serum in the morning before I apply sunscreen

I'm 28, but I'd like to continue looking young into my 40's and beyond if possible. I already have lines on my forehead and the very light beginnings of what will eventually become crows feet if untreated

I'm already liking how my skin is looking after bumping back down to .025 for a few days. My skin seems to tolerate this strength very well, so I will probably just stick with this for the time being

If it's working for you I would keep doing it but you can skip some nights if you are getting irritated--its strong so as long as you are consistent at such a young age you are really ahead of the game...I don't know if my dermatologist is wrong or not--I was surprised but i have (knock on wood) really good skin texture for my age....I don't have crows feet or lines yet unless i skip sleep for few days but so far that has been temporary.. I can see I probably will within 5 years but i am 45 so will be inevitable eventually.
I'm strongly considering botox--my friend did this very subtle--i would never know if she did not tell me. Im just a little chicken. I get restalyn in my lips for years and now the Dr puts a little bit of whats left in my 'parathasis' lines which works since its very faint lines to begin with so it just makes it go away very easily.
These things fillers/botox you are too young for lol. These are more from the muscles starting to change from gravity at my age not the skin texture. On men i don't even think the muscle changes are 'bad' in looks as get older. Women it can make us look to shadowy. Men shadowy is not bad.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's working for you I would keep doing it but you can skip some nights if you are getting irritated--its strong so as long as you are consistent at such a young age you are really ahead of the game...I don't know if my dermatologist is wrong or not--I was surprised but i have (knock on wood) really good skin texture for my age....I don't have crows feet or lines yet unless i skip sleep for few days but so far that has been temporary.. I can see I probably will within 5 years but i am 45 so will be inevitable eventually.
I'm strongly considering botox--my friend did this very subtle--i would never know if she did not tell me. Im just a little chicken. I get restalyn in my lips for years and now the Dr puts a little bit of whats left in my 'parathasis' lines which works since its very faint lines to begin with so it just makes it go away very easily.
These things fillers/botox you are too young for lol. These are more from the muscles starting to change from gravity at my age not the skin texture. On men i don't even think the muscle changes are 'bad' in looks as get older. Women it can make us look to shadowy. Men shadowy is not bad.

Do you consider yourself to be a MILF?

I feel like you are from the way you describe yourself

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't have kids and i don't drive a mini van so it's an odd label to me to be honest.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Oh you probably think that cause the lips--my lips are very subtle..i just made the shape more curved feminine they are not blown up like a 'Real housewives' LOL. Thats why i did restalyne and not juvaderm--juvaderm blows them up...restalyn manipulates shape.

I think of MILF as tacky--40 something trying to dress and act 20 something.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh you probably think that cause the lips--my lips are very subtle..i just made the shape more curved feminine they are not blown up like a 'Real housewives' LOL. Thats why i did restalyne and not juvaderm--juvaderm blows them up...restalyn manipulates shape.

I think of MILF as tacky--40 something trying to dress and act 20 something.

No, I just meant that it sounds like you've retained your youth and beauty, and at your age these qualities qualify you for that label under many people's definition, but you don't like the word so I won't associate you with it