Anyone here is a type A variant male pattern baldness?

nothing

Reaction score
Alternate pattern of hairloss-the type a variant, which means continual reccession of entire frontal hairline without much vertex hairloss.

My mom side has no hairloss, my dad side had serious temple reccession. Why am I balding so differently? And it's quick too......

UKguy84

Established Member
Reaction score
Alternate pattern of hairloss-the type a variant, which means continual reccession of entire frontal hairline without much vertex hairloss.

My mom side has no hairloss, my dad side had serious temple reccession. Why am I balding so differently? And it's quick too......

baldness is random its just your genes, fast slow young old etc.
e.g I'm anterior 2a and my cousin who is 7 years younger then me is a 3a+. hes actually had to shave his off and hes only 21.

as far as balding differently, the gene can skip generations. so if you full family is anterior like mine and you lose your crown chances are a rogue gene has been passed to you from another generation.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah the answer is no one has any clue. There are plenty of things with male pattern baldness no one has clue about so we all just guess and give our opinions.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wish I could have got bulk analysis/miniturisation mapping done before I'd started on finasteride. Feeling my hair and the areas it is thinner than the rest, I suspect I may be a NW3a/NW4a eventually, but it's hard to tell.