ANYONE HERE EVER TAKE PROPECIA AND NOT LOSE SEX DRIVE?

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone here ever took propecia and not lose their sex drive during the use of the drug? and after the use of the drug?

my experiense was i used propecia when i was about 16 years old, and now at 24 years old, i dont have as much desire as i used to...but i dont know its maybe because i suffer from depression...or i never had much sex in my life, so that use it or lose it theory could hold true.

what are your experiences?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Well, I know this is a bit off-topic,
but I am using a stronger DHT-inhibitor, Dutasteride, which is very similar to Propecia. I have suffered no side effects.

However, when I did use Propecia, I suffered from major loss of libido and impotence.

incubusor

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Well, I know this is a bit off-topic,
but I am using a stronger DHT-inhibitor, Dutasteride, which is very similar to Propecia. I have suffered no side effects.

However, when I did use Propecia, I suffered from major loss of libido and impotence.

You ever wonder if your sides would have faded if you stayed on propecia? Maybe by the time you made the switch your body was adjusting?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Possibly, but they didn't abate during the entire 10.5 months of use, nor did my hairloss abate, either.

Britannia

Reaction score
Nope. Just acne. Hmmmm
Acne makes you less attractive: being less attractive means less girls: less girls means less sex.
So if you had posted "Anybody taking Propecia and having less sex", I would probably have to say yes :cry:

jeffsss

Reaction score
ronaldkia said:
anyone here ever took propecia and not lose their sex drive during the use of the drug? and after the use of the drug?

my experiense was i used propecia when i was about 16 years old, and now at 24 years old, i dont have as much desire as i used to...but i dont know its maybe because i suffer from depression...or i never had much sex in my life, so that use it or lose it theory could hold true.

what are your experiences?

you say you used it at age 16??

that's prett young. i know i didnt stop growing till age 19. consult a Doctor.

Doom

Reaction score
35 years old. Been on Propecia 2 months now. No sexual side effects for me. Still have plenty of libido. Still get it up with no problem. I personally think the whole sexual side effects thing is in a guy's head. A guy reads that there "may" be sexual side effects and they they start looking for them, thereby creating them. It's all in the mind. I think the percentage of sexual side effects is pretty small. I did a stint on Propecia when I was 27 and I was still having sex with my girlfriend 3 times a day with no desire to stop having sex. :2gunsfiring_v1:

Axon

Reaction score
3.5 years on Finasteride, no side effects.

And the wheel turns.

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
17 months on finasteride and I am still a dirty sex pest.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Z said:
17 months on finasteride and I am still a dirty sex pest.

Me too, once a week if I am lucky, once a month if I can get away with it! My lovely girlfriend likes my modest new fringe.
Boru

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw an incline in sex drive.

Sounds unfair, I know, but let's wait and see how my hair does or else i'm just paying for an expensive libido enhancer.