Anyone Here Cut Their Own Hair? Any Tips?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Not to be too much of a cheapskate, I just think it's a bit stupid to be spending $20 on a haircut when I get a basic buzzcut everytime. Since I'm a diffuse thinner this is the only haircut I can actually get that doesn't look terrible.

The issue is that my back and sides grow faster than my top so I have to get a haircut like once a month, otherwise I look bad. I'd like to do this myself ideally, but I'm not sure exactly how.

Anyone here do this, and any tips how?

shookwun

Reaction score
a good barber is worth its weight in gold. baldies dont have uniform hair growth which is why seeing a barber every 2 weeks is even more important to look presentable. Having odd patterns of growth, especially on the sides and back.

Good blending techniques and fading the sides can make a world of a difference to a standard clipping technique

whatintheworld

Reaction score
a good barber is worth its weight in gold. baldies dont have uniform hair growth which is why seeing a barber every 2 weeks is even more important to look presentable. Having odd patterns of growth, especially on the sides and back.

Good blending techniques and fading the sides can make a world of a difference to a standard clipping technique

Yeah I know, that's why I'm pretty sure this isn't doable even with multiple mirrors by yourself, but I was just curious if anyone tried.

Do your back and sides grow faster as well @shookwun ?

shookwun

Reaction score
Yeah I know, that's why I'm pretty sure this isn't doable even with multiple mirrors by yourself, but I was just curious if anyone tried.

Does your back and sides grow faster as well @shookwun ?

of course. the growth in our scalps is not uniform at all. I have certain areas on my scalp that grow faster then others. Which is why routinely seeing a barber can help blend your scalp that much better.

Standard clipping is good for people who have growth thats linear not like our scalps....

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. buy a decent hair clipper machine like RIMMINGron
2. buzz your hair

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I shave my own head.
But a few years ago I had uneven growth, and a good barber could make me look so much better!

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
My hair looks bad from 6 days after a haircut. But I simply cannot afford to go to the barbershop every 2 weeks. If I were to do that and add it up over the year, it's a huge amount to be paying for a look that is good but ultimately not good enough to get anywhere in life.

Cutting your own hair can't be done easily because of this question. How do you hit the nape? Nobody has a satisfactory way of hitting it yourself.

Bryant12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use the andis T- outliner i use it every other day, less than 10 minutes, buzz it all off