anyone here at the point where they accept that they cannot accept male pattern baldness?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
there was this post i read here a few months ago that described it perfectly . . . . . he was saying something along the lines of "male pattern baldness sucks giant black dick but we cant go through life being miserable and depressed and just be the best person we can be despite hair loss" and it really was true

im not gonna go the way of denial like slybaldguys but just do my best to live life anyways even with the ****ty curse that hair loss is

im still using rogaine and am on finasteride now so i hopefully can regrow some but maintenance is better than nothing. im stil cautiously optimistic about future treatments, i think a better treatment will come out but not a cure as in "norwood 7 to norwood 1"

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Yep what i did at first i was pissed but i was 16 when i started to go bald but in the end of just though..**** it whats the point worrying? now i just buzz my hair i still have a bit off my hair the front bit almost all gone but the rest is still there i have half off hair left pretty much but yeah i dont care no more it can be ALOT worse.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea u sound like you are in a similar position i am in

diffuse thinner or receder?

u using medications?

im gonna continue meds but do my best not worry too much

of course still, if a cure came out id get on it in a new york minute

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I say both it receded while going thin what caused like a island shape on the front of my head if you know what i mean and no im not taking meds im just going with it it is what it is im just waiting for the crown to start (which i think it has im not sure)

B

Beingbaldsucksass

The best think is to just take finasteride and forgot about that

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
I freaked since it was following accutane. Acne depressed me now its hair. I accept the possibility and I haven't tried rogaine yet. I may but I fear consequences. If it progresses I'll shave it off or fade it. I felt better until family and my dermatologist made comments a forehead. It sounds like receeding may have progressed.

I am trying to remain at peace.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Once you approach that threshold and realize that control is only an illusion, you will loose all previous composure then panic and severe depression will ensue.

I've tried acceptance but it never sticks, so I have realized that I cannot accept it. That is why I cover up. People may think I'm pathetic for hiding but I see it as a statement in and of itself. It's my admittance of shame and acknowledgement of prejudice.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Once you approach that threshold and realize that control is only an illusion, you will loose all previous composure then panic and severe depression will ensue.

I've tried acceptance but it never sticks, so I have realized that I cannot accept it. That is why I cover up. People may think I'm pathetic for hiding but I see it as a statement in and of itself. It's my admittance of shame and acknowledgement of prejudice.

Read eckhart tolle. Accept and surrender to what is. If you can't, accept you can't and Carry on.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read eckhart tolle. Accept and surrender to what is. If you can't, accept you can't and Carry on.

THIS is what i mean

i sure as HELL am not just "accepting it" im just "accepting that i can't accept it". basically recognizing that the situation sucks but trying to live in spite of it

like i said, if a cure came out id do it in a nanosecond and pay any amount of money for it

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I have accept it to be honest being bald...well balding is me now has been for a long time and couldnt see my hair any other way...i buzz it now and thats it thats my look and always will be (until more hair falls out of course)

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
i have no choice but to accept hairloss. i dont have enough hair worth saving with treatments, i only have some little transparent baby hairs on top. no disrespect to those receeders out there but there is a point where you gotta let nature take its course. youre like those old women who keep injecting their faces with botox. there is no cure! you are spending hundereds, maybe thousands of dollars on product to save a few dozen hair follicles, are you serious? how can you honestly call yourself a man after that.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I havent tried meds waste off time in my opinion i just buzz it now and let nature take its course and take the rest off my hair.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

I havent tried meds waste off time in my opinion i just buzz it now and let nature take its course and take the rest off my hair.

If I was in your mind I where nw4 ALLREADY, lucky I'm not stupid therefore I'm on nw2 for six months

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
If you wanna take meds all your life to keep hair then what ever makes you happy dude i have better things to worry about and better things to spend my money on...im going bald it is what it is.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yea its all up to whoever is taking them

different people care about different things

i care about my hair so i wanna do what i can for it

i have no qualms with people who don't treat it tho

slipy

Reaction score
that ''take meds all life'' thing won't even work since the effect wears off as time passes and your genes get the upper hand, so unless something better comes out soon....

that being said, im glad im on proscar now, hopefully it will enable me to cling to that Norwood 3 for a while.

ben760

Established Member
Reaction score
i'd rather treat it than do nothing. it buys us more time til a better treatment comes. and if that days comes you wont ask yourself "what if? "

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
that ''take meds all life'' thing won't even work since the effect wears off as time passes and your genes get the upper hand, so unless something better comes out soon....

that being said, im glad im on proscar now, hopefully it will enable me to cling to that Norwood 3 for a while.
yea its quite a long time tho, 5-10 years usually i read

if it does start up again then its less than 1/5 the rate it would be (using both rogaine and finasteride)

like i said its better than nothing

B

Beingbaldsucksass

The luckily guys are those who start propecia as soon as they start losing and still have perfect nw1 they just need to take one pill per day and that's it, but when it's too late you need to start rogaine to restore and I did restored my lost temples but I'm a slave to this **** now and I want to stop it cuz its a pain in the ***