Anyone Heard Of This Surgeon - Sevil Kara?

Jim Smith

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is surgeon that would be doing my hair transplant.

Here's her profile:

https://www.longevita.co.uk/doctor/sevil-kara/

I note her qualifications are:

Graduate Diploma: 100. Yil University Institute of Health Sciences

Under-graduate Diploma: Istanbul University

Graduation Date: 2000

Is a diploma the normal degree for learning the procedure? In the UK a diploma is a foundation course before going to university.

bekirtanis

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is surgeon that would be doing my hair transplant.

Here's her profile:

https://www.longevita.co.uk/doctor/sevil-kara/

I note her qualifications are:

Graduate Diploma: 100. Yil University Institute of Health Sciences

Graduation Date: 2000

Is a diploma the normal degree for learning the procedure? In the UK a diploma is a foundation course before going to university.

Dear Jim,

The education terminology that we use in TR is some different compared to west.
We are using "diploma" different than ur meaning. I need to check when i have time. Because i have license in che. engineering but it is even some different terminology being used in Turkish medicine schools/faculties.
But looks like she has post gradutade degree from a Turkish uni medical faculty. But let me check it.

I'll try to check it tonight then try to place an answer.

Jim Smith

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear Jim,

The education terminology that we use in TR is some different compared to west.
We are using "diploma" different than ur meaning. I need to check when i have time. Because i have license in che. engineering but it is even some different terminology being used in Turkish medicine schools/faculties.
But looks like she has post gradutade degree from a Turkish uni medical faculty. But let me check it.

I'll try to check it tonight then try to place an answer.

Thank you so much.

bekirtanis

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you so much.

Dear Jim,

Again i checked, when i see the link that u shared, it does not show enough info for me. Sorry could not help you with the issue.

But Istanbul university has many faculties and that every faculties have many departments.
I really dont want to be a reason of disinformation in that situation.
Perhaps it is better to get in contact with clinic for asking more details.
I guess, they should be able to help you with your question marks.

thx

Jim Smith

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear Jim,

Again i checked, when i see the link that u shared, it does not show enough info for me. Sorry could not help you with the issue.

But Istanbul university has many faculties and that every faculties have many departments.
I really dont want to be a reason of disinformation in that situation.
Perhaps it is better to get in contact with clinic for asking more details.
I guess, they should be able to help you with your question marks.

thx

That's fair enough. Have your heard of the University they got the graduate diploma at?

bekirtanis

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's fair enough. Have your heard of the University they got the graduate diploma at?

Graduate Diploma: 100. Yil University Institute of Health Sciences / As far as i know that one located in the city of "Van". East of turkey.

Under-graduate Diploma: Istanbul University / is located in Istanbul. Most probably one of the oldest uni, perhaps from the times of ottoman empire...

Jim Smith

My Regimen
Reaction score
Graduate Diploma: 100. Yil University Institute of Health Sciences / As far as i know that one located in the city of "Van". East of turkey.

Under-graduate Diploma: Istanbul University / is located in Istanbul. Most probably one of the oldest uni, perhaps from the times of ottoman empire...

Do you know if they're reputable universities?