Anyone heard of Rolf Nordström?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Seen this on another forum AVOID!!!

michael barry

Reaction score
Buzz,

Nordstrom still does scalp reductions.........AVOID

Gillenator will probably know some good docs in Europe you can ask about.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think Dr Christian ******** in Brussels is the only respected hair transplant surgeon in europe. As I've pointed out (many times before) location should not be an issue when choosing a surgeon.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree with s.a.f. Dr ******** is the only Doctor in europe worth considering, I have seen some impressive results, he is good on price too

michael barry

Reaction score
Cassin,

read this verbiage from Nordstrom's site.....................its amazing that he is this many years behind.

:"Scalp Reduction

Scalp reductions are surgical procedures in which a loose patch of bald scalp is removed, and the adjacent hairy scalp is pulled together and sutured to close the opening. The fastest way to reduce the bald area is to use the method patented by Professor Nordström, the Nordstrom Suture. With this method on average 4 - 5 cm of the bald area can be removed in one operation. If the bald area is quite wide, e.g., 10 cm, it can be removed in two or three operations, over 3 month intervals. Afterwards, the hairline and the area behind it can be corrected with e.g. micrografts in the following operation.

Scalp reduction is a surgical method of male pattern baldness correction. A"Mercedes" star pattern for the incisions is one of the most common.
Scalp reduction can be concluded with hair transplantation to correct the frontal area with grafts.

Various burn scars and bald areas caused by irradiation treatment can be corrected by means of scalp reductions. Immediately after the scalp reduction the hair continues to grow normally. The patient can return to work the next day after the surgery. Some patients get a headache following the scalp reductions that is treated with painkillers.

Flaps

Flaps can be of various designs and they offer the quickest method of, e.g., correcting the frontal hairline. Flap surgery is done in local anaesthesia, often in one operation. A large hair-bearing portion of the scalp is partially detached from the scalp and used to cover the balding area. A portion of the flap is still attached to the original area of the scalp, so it continues to receive nourishment from blood vessels. As a result, the hair will continue growing, unlike hair grafting, in which the hair will fall out before regrowing.

The flap is long enough to take advantage of the important area at the back of the head and to correct the front area as well. It can be up to 25 cm long and 3-4 cm wide. If a bigger area needs to be corrected, two flaps could be used in combination with one of our patented methods to reduce the bald area behind the flap.

Flap surgery can create the densest hairline possible in just one operation. The bandage is applied after the flap surgery. The patient can experience some swelling after the surgery that disappears within 6 postoperative days.

At the Nordström Hospital For Plastic Surgery we offer you the best and most advanced solutions for male pattern baldness correction. Here you will get the best treatment and all the help you need.
On the picture to the left is the result of the flap surgery.

Complications Related to Hair Transplantation

Scar widening in the donor area can occur in some patients no matter which of the above-mentioned technique is used. This situation can be corrected, and untill then, the scar can be covered by the hair.

Seppo's story

"Now, after I have been through several hair transplantations, I might not be the most handsome man in the room, but I do get lucky once in a while. By some reason my strength is in my hair.

I was often persuaded that my problem was not physical but psychological, that I just had a low self-esteem and my problems would vanish as soon as I learnt how to accept myself as I am. The thing was that I could come to terms with the way I looked but it was the people around me that could not. If I had to spend the rest of my life on an island, it would not have really mattered what I looked like, would it? But I live among people who judge me by my looks and by my looks they used to conclude that I was some kind of a criminal.

Often people tell me that in my place they would have shaven their head bald as being bald is masculine and sexy. In my opinion everyone chooses what is best for him or her. If I thought baldness suited me, I would not have bothered with hair transplantation, would I?

Before the hair transplantation I used to look older than my biological age. Now the situation has changed completely. Many believe that I am much younger than I actually am. I feel like I have been given a chance to live the last 10 years all over again. The best thing is that I can relive these years but with all the experience that I have now I can do many things differently. "

powersam

Reaction score
any surgeon still doing scalp reductions is a butcher and should be barred from practice.