Anyone have temple regrowth with dutasteride?

T

Timi

dutasteride

No

thinning all over
and bad Hairs all over

my experience

Timi

oni

Reaction score
Yes, I had good regrowth on dutasteride at my temples..........................took about 18 months............

thomas040

Established Member
Reaction score
frontal before that

were you loosing a lot of ground before month 18? on the front I mean?

I'm receeding ... but I see velus hairs, but I don't know if they are the ones dying or the ones growing...

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
good info ... can u tell me what happened during the time b/f the 18 months?

did u shed a good bit prior?

how about your overall density?

thanks

oni

Reaction score
overall density

Good..........

I had problems at the crown mostly and some at the temples.................

can u tell me what happened during the time b/f the 18 months?

Yes, my hair looked worse than when I started. I had my first big shed at the 3 month mark, mostly at the crown.

You really need to give dutasteride time, it's not a quick fix...........................

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another question mate, what dosage were/are you on?
thanks

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ONI and long term users, anything you can say on how you progressed for 1st year or so and dosages and your dutasteride type ..the ups and downs that will give us dutasteride users that have seen a rapid downhill over a few months that we may come out the other side would lift our spirits

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I'll chime in here.

I have used dutasteride twice--

Once, for 14 months. I had to switch to generic Proscar for money reasons.

I'm on my second round now, 3 months in... But let me comment on my first trial:

Into the first 6 months, I had good regrowth and little to no shedding. When I ventured into my 6 month, I started shedding pretty badly. It isn't necessarily noticeable through photos, but I have written about it before.

After the 6-month shed, I slowly started regrowing. By Month 10, I had a lot more hair than when I started. By Month 14, I was very happy with my hair.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Aplunk1 we're kind of looking for any positives we can take from our situations at the moment I guess...
Just gotta keep plugging on and believing

Aplunk1

Reaction score
You're welcome.

All users should be wary of those posters who claim dutasteride destroyed their hair. Without photos, these claims are not credible.

mbehr22

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
I'll chime in here.

I have used dutasteride twice--

Once, for 14 months. I had to switch to generic Proscar for money reasons.

I'm on my second round now, 3 months in... But let me comment on my first trial:

Into the first 6 months, I had good regrowth and little to no shedding. When I ventured into my 6 month, I started shedding pretty badly. It isn't necessarily noticeable through photos, but I have written about it before.

After the 6-month shed, I slowly started regrowing. By Month 10, I had a lot more hair than when I started. By Month 14, I was very happy with my hair.

Thanks man!

any pics?

demo99

Reaction score
Few hairs have been regrowed by dutasteride. In my case, I noticed that minoxidil was responsible for the most regrowed hairs.

I recommend everyone to try minoxidil additional.

best regards
demo99