Anyone have success with topical pumpkin seed oil? (Not oral)

Liqurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
We all know about the study with the octa Saba plus that had different ingredients in it.

but there’s a different study on mice with androgenic aloepecia that shows topical pumpkin seed oil at 10% worked and induced hair growth

(Longer version here) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6823528/#B6

Any one have success with topical pumpkin seed oil?(NOT ORAL) especially in higher doses

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it for 6 months and had no results from it. It was a mix: pumpkin seed oil, castor oil, evening primrose oil, and then drops of peppermint oil and rosemary oil.
Maybe some others had some luck.

Liqurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used it for 6 months and had no results from it. It was a mix: pumpkin seed oil, castor oil, evening primrose oil, and then drops of peppermint oil and rosemary oil.
Maybe some others had some luck.
How much pumpkin seed oil did you actually use though?

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Typically newbie post saddly, still the "hope" about a natural cure !
Don't lose time about all these sh*t my friend...And go Minoxidil, needling and Dutasteride.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
amazing that this still pops up under research section in 2021. if we relied on hair loss researchers ans dermatologists as a humanity, fire would have been invented in 2003

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How much pumpkin seed oil did you actually use though?
IIRC it was approx 50% PSO, 40% EPO, 9% castor oil, and 1% essential oils (peppermint and rosemary).
I was also taking pumpkin seed oil orally (1 teaspoon a day), and saw palmetto (360mg extract as a capsule).
None of these made a difference to my hairloss; shedding continued at a fast rate when I was on it and when I got off it. Once I started finasteride a year later, shedding reduced by 90% very quickly.

Liqurt

My Regimen
Reaction score
IIRC it was approx 50% PSO, 40% EPO, 9% castor oil, and 1% essential oils (peppermint and rosemary).
I was also taking pumpkin seed oil orally (1 teaspoon a day), and saw palmetto (360mg extract as a capsule).
None of these made a difference to my hairloss; shedding continued at a fast rate when I was on it and when I got off it. Once I started finasteride a year later, shedding reduced by 90% very quickly.
I wonder how much pumpkin seed oil u actually used on your scalp though.. if it was just 1g that wouldn’t do sh*t lol.

you’d prob need at least to have a table spoon of it on ur scalp.

also the 15 pumpkin seed oil pills = 1 table spoon

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder how much pumpkin seed oil u actually used on your scalp though.. if it was just 1g that wouldn’t do sh*t lol.

you’d prob need at least to have a table spoon of it on ur scalp.

also the 15 pumpkin seed oil pills = 1 table spoon
I applied enough for my hairline + an inch above/below. My head/hair was really slick afterwards. And for taking the PSO orally, I didn't use any capsules. I drank actual PSO from a bottle, which is why I measured it in teaspoons.
Anyway, you're free to try it but in my experience it's not an effective treatment on its own. Perhaps it would work well in addition to comventional treatments.