Anyone Have Success With Acell After No Results From Regular Prp?

Kevin Egan

My Regimen
Reaction score
All,

After having negative reactions from Minoxodil and Finasteride, I decided to try PRP treatment, where I received 3 sessions spaced 2 months apart over the course of 6 months. Now that I am about 6 months after my third and final session, I can say that I have not seen any positive results from it, and saw potentially a slight increase in hair loss. The doctor who performed the PRP treatment suggests that I try one additional PRP session using ACell, since it is much stronger and people typically see better results from it. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who after having no success with PRP tried ACell and actually saw results? I figure the doctor is probably just trying to sell more treatments, so rather than lose another $2k for nothing, I wanted to see if anyone has seen positive results from it after seeing no results from regular PRP. Thanks in advance.

Hair ball

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you seen many before/after photos from your doctor with the Acell? 2000$ is a lot of money and your doctor should give you a clear treatment plan, and what you should expect for your specific situation.

Last edited:

Kevin Egan

My Regimen
Reaction score
They just say the same thing they said with regular PRP. It works for some and not for others and the only way to know is by doing it. But they say there is no question that PRP with ACell is stronger than regular PRP so if regular PRP didn't work then I might as well try this.

ButWhyTho

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had PRP done. But while on finasteride and using minoxidil. It worked for me but the effects did not last and it's prohibitively expensive to maintain yearly. I also had the idea of trying it again with Acell; thinking it might last longer. I consulted a transplant surgeon who did not recommend it due to it's cost and inconsistency. He did suggest stem cell transplant from adipose tissue. However it's as expensive as a hair transplant. Perhaps just consider a transplant because the results will last much longer and the cost is about equivalent.

Kevin Egan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. What was the amount you were quoted for the ACell? For me it seems like PRP/ACell is significantly less expensive than a transplant (although like you said it does not last as long). So from your experience one yearly maintenance treatment for PRP or ACell is likely not enough to maintain it?

Hair ball

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had an appointement last january with Dr Prasad on skype and he quoted me for 3700$ (appointement included). It included one treatment + a booster treatment 12 months later. Because he classified me as highly DHT sensitive, he said the treatment would last 2-3 years. He highly recommended me taking finasteride and he said the treatment would last longer with finasteride. I decided not to do the PRP/Acell treatment because it was finally too expensive at that time for me. You can ask him questions in the comment section of his videos on youtube.

Last edited:

ButWhyTho

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. What was the amount you were quoted for the ACell? For me it seems like PRP/ACell is significantly less expensive than a transplant (although like you said it does not last as long). So from your experience one yearly maintenance treatment for PRP or ACell is likely not enough to maintain it?

About $800 per session for 3 sessions. I had good density and some regrowth after 6 months. But then a year afterwards I'm back to baseline. Recently I've started dermarolling and using topical finasteride/min solution and I've seen improvements equivalent to PRP.

Glitched

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had PRP with Acell, lost $5k and about all my vellus hairs, and some sparser terminal hairs. Would not at all recommend for anything but maybe the extremely early signs of balding (to preserve the hairs that are still strong). The docs form of determining growth post treatment was sketchy at best, in my opinion.