Anyone Have Success On Low Dosage Of dutasteride?

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was wondering outside of the Australian study have any members had success on lower dosage of dutasteride?

1-3 times a week. with or without finasteride VS. 5-7 days a week?

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
Success? No.

For background, I used Propecia (brand name from US pharmacy) for 2 years in the past and I'm certain it increased the pace of my hair loss, which was very slow diffuse for the 10 years prior. In the 2 years on Propecia I developed uneven recession at my hairline, which used to be NW0, a bald spot at the vertex which was non-existent before that 2 year period, and diffuse thinning EVERYWHERE. I quit Propecia and went without any anti androgen for 2-3 years. In that period my diffuse loss continued all over, but the hairline recession and vertex balding were stopped (just thinned more from overall thinning).

Fast forward to May '19 when I figured i'd give dutasteride a try. Since then I've been on 0.5 mg dutasteride (generic from US pharmacy) MWF. In this time I've experienced hairline recession and increased vertex balding similar to what I did during my time with Propecia. Overall my diffuse thinning has continued as it had during and after propecia and maybe even increased. I'm at the point where I'm having a f*** load of problem trying to conceal my hairloss - it's just getting too damn thin all over the NW6 area. I wonder daily how things might have turned out if I didn't touch finasteride/dutasteride at all.

I doubt my experience is typical. I was convinced propecia hurt me more than it helped and i'm just about at the same conclusion with dutasteride. I'm scared shitless to increase to 0.5 mg dutasteride / day.