Anyone have positive results taking Saw Plametto?

zackb

Reaction score
I am aware that is may not work and I have had some shedding. I currently take:
1/4 proscar tablet, Minoxidil, Nizoral shampoo 2x a week, generic T-gell shampoo, multivitamin, arginine, and now saw palmetto. The shed started when I started using the arginine and saw palmetto. I started them at the same time, and maybe I should have started them at different times.
I have been shedding some, but I also shed on Propecia when I started that a few years back. I just wondered if anyone stuck with saw palmetto through the shed and had a good experience. Thanks for your responses.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Saw plametto :sly: haha
Anyway I think saw palmetto is okay . It might lower dht levels a little but don't expect much. I thought I saw some maintenance with it. But a gang of people talked me out of it. I might use it again as a supplement on the side.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I don't think that saw palmetto is very well thought of around here. I recently started taking beta-sitosterol due to some positive reviews--and the fact that saw palmetto was pretty much regarded here as useless. However, this is probably not the case with everyone. But after much research on the web, I discovered that the efficacy of saw palmetto is merely speculative in either hair maintainence and/or regrowth. This is also the case with beta-sitosterol and other natural supplements, however. When you consider the urgency and anxiety of hair loss it is understandable that people want proven treatments. Consequently, it seems that natural supplements are only used as a second line of defense, either as adjunct treatments to hair loss or as an alternative when the side effects of proven treatments become too great. So it's hard to say if any natural supplement works or not. But if you was maintaining your hair with Propecia, I would be happy with just that. Was it not working? (I see that you are already taking above the recommended dose of 1mg)

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
i have used procerin since last october (2004). procerin is saw palmetto based. procerin has done absolutely nothing for my hair, and my hairloss progressed further and there are absolutely no signs of regrowth.
i wish i had started on either finasteride or dutasteride earlier instead of being so naive and going on with products that claim to work which no proof at all.
i really really hope i can recover those lost hairs while i was on procerin for the past 11 months.

whatever you do, do not make the same mistake as me, because my hairloss has progressed from norwood 1.5 to a diffuse norwood 5a within just under a year or so.