anyone have heart palpitations from minoxidil???

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i used rogaine about 3 years back for about 3 months and i remember i stopped because i was getting high blood pressure/ heart palpitations and head aches. has anyone else experienced this?? maybe Dr. Lee's formula may have different effects?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jimmystanley said:
i used rogaine about 3 years back for about 3 months and i remember i stopped because i was getting high blood pressure/ heart palpitations and head aches. has anyone else experienced this?? maybe Dr. Lee's formula may have different effects?
What exactly are heart palpitations? What do they feel like? What disorder is it when the rhythm is thrown off.....like it'll beat fine then all of a sudden it wants to skip a beat and then start beating normal again? :?

G

GODS SAKE

LET ME SEE

** SEARCH???

** RESEARCH SECTION OF THE SITE???

** THE SIDE OF THE MINOXIDIL BOTTLE???

TheBaldingMenace

Established Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine was on Rogaine for about a year and it was working very well for him. He regrew a good amount of hair in the crown area. But then his blood preasure went sky-high and his doctor advised him to get off of the Rogaine which he did. But now, after allot of years, his blood preasure still is really high and he needs to take medication to keep it down:( That was what my friend went through but of course it isn't what every guy will experience.

willywonka

Established Member
Reaction score
The majority of people using min do not experience any blood or heart problems. I personally was having bad heart problems on standard 5% min but I tried the Dr Lee alcohol based min and for some reason have no heart problems and also no skin irritation as well. Its as if the ppg was the source of the problem.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have heart palpitations from anxiety attacks...they used to scare me, now i dont give a sh*t..you aint gonna have a heart attack from one

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
SEfreak said:
Do not apply minoxidil on wet scalp.
Why shouldnt you?
If your prone to side effects like what he is experiencing, then applying to wet scalp will make it even worse, due to the fact a hydrated scalp will absorb minoxidil better. :)

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kalika said:
JayB said:
SEfreak said:
Why shouldnt you?
If your prone to side effects like what he is experiencing, then applying to wet scalp will make it even worse, due to the fact a hydrated scalp will absorb minoxidil better. :)
So if your not experiencing side effects, than wet scalp is the way to go when applying it right?

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
kalika said:
JayB said:
SEfreak said:
Why shouldnt you?
So if your not experiencing side effects, than wet scalp is the way to go when applying it right?
Yeah, I would. But if side effects happen when you start using on wet scalp then you might not want to do it then. When you do apply, make sure to towel dry hair. Hair doesn't have to be 100% dry. Just as long as the scalp is still kinda hydrated. :)

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Bloody oath... i had my heart beating like a Mo Fo... It actually scared the sh*t out of me and helped my stop taking the minoxidil after about 6 weeks, never got a blood pressure test, but something was definately not good, i couldn't stop my heart from cranking at a million miles an hour... usually an hour or so after i applied minoxidil.

Another reason i FULLY hate the stuff....

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah sh*t u know what

ive been experiencing this since i started on the minoxidil. sometimes my heart just starts going fast and i become kinda breathless for no reason

id rather just die from the heart attack then face baldness though