Anyone have good results on MSM?

eBOW

Reaction score
Hi I am just a little curious on people's experience with MSM. If anyone has had any success let me know. I just started taking it yesterday. Does MSM really make your hair grow faster, and thicker?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Faster-- maybe thicker.

I still take 5000 mg daily. It makes your skin vibrant, more colorful and clear. Nails harder, eyelashes longer and more shiny.

I love this stuff.

I'm also taking L-Lysine, which helps in a similar way to MSM.

sundevilb3

Reaction score
I actually just started taking it yesterday too! We will see if there is any noticeable difference.

Hey aplunk,

How long til you noticed any kind of effect from MSM?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
It takes a while. You'll probably notice it's working in like 2 weeks... then in about 1 month, you'll suddenly look at your skin and be like, "Whoa, it looks good!"

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
5000 MG?!?...isnt that a lot...thought you were supposed to take 500 mg per 30 pounds of weight as a general rule of thumb or something of the sort... i take 2500 mg, and i've had faster growth of hair and nails..cant say thicker and it wont help with your hairloss ofcourse.

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
Sir_LagaLot said:
5000 MG?!?...isnt that a lot...thought you were supposed to take 500 mg per 30 pounds of weight as a general rule of thumb or something of the sort... i take 2500 mg, and i've had faster growth of hair and nails..cant say thicker and it wont help with your hairloss ofcourse.

I take 5-6000mg a day. I feel you need that much for it to be beneficial.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I buy my MSM in the capsule form at Wal-Mart. If any of you know of a good online source, let me know.

Also, there is no toxicity with MSM. You can take 40,000mg if it pleases you-- although you'll probably get a stomache ache.