Anyone Have Fue Results Without Finestaride

jbhkhc13

My Regimen
Reaction score
Brief backstory as my old account seems inaccessible.

Started losing my hair 15 years ago. Had sides on finestaride, even with just the topical version.

Settled with minoxidil + a/acid and spironolactone twice a day. Slowed hair loss down considerably.

My hair is much thinner now but the loss has been relatively slow over 15 years since starting treatment.

Apart from my receding hairline, I've always been able to conceal it. But the top is gradually becoming obvious to, thus I contacted Dr demisroy about an fue transplant after lots of research.

He didn't want to do much with the hairline, but wanted to focus on thickening the top. Not ideal, but he knows his stuff so I conceded.

However, I've been advised that not using finestaride afterwards is a HUGE gamble. Given I'm not the only one who has had nasty sides on finasteride, has anyone else with slow loss went ahead with an fue and had good/bad results?

Any feedback appreciated

(I get that some of you have great success with finasteride. I had sides, and will not go down that route again, so don't need to hear how good finasteride was for you etc. Thank you kindly)

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not a good idea to do a transplant withaut being on finasteride. That said, if you had sides on oral finasteride u could try topical(liposomal) finasteride.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would honestly be shocked if you had sides with 0.25-0.5mg per day of topical finasteride. Would be good to know what dosage you were taking.

Clinical studies do show better results of FUE when people are taking finasteride.

jbhkhc13

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on 1% and still had sides. Given that one of th sides was gyno, it wasn't in my head before ppl go down that route too. As I already stated, I didn't make this post to argue the use of finasteride. Yes, topical gives less sides, and while it only lowers serum dht by 25% compared to 75% or oral pills, that's enough to cause sides in those sensitive.
So thanks for the replies, but again, no my question.

Last edited:

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason it needs to be addressed is because finasteride has decades of research behind it, clinically is proven to work and you haven't exhausted your options. You say you take 1% if you're doing 1ml a day you are taking 4 times more than you need to be topically (possibly even more). So yes you haven't been doing 0.25mg a day.

Likewise whoever told you using finasteride afterwards is a "huge gamble" is an idiot.

Regardless, yes you can get good results with FUE anyway. You will need to address the root cause however in the future with a AA otherwise it will only be a matter of time before other parts of the scalp experience hair loss too.

el_duterino

Reaction score
you dont need finasteride
use Clascoterone topical, works like finasteride without the sides
thats what i use and I had 2 FUE, to fix the recession before I started finasteride a long time ago

JohnP

My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you using Clascoterone cream when it was just recently submitted for FDA approval and not expected until Aug 2020?

el_duterino

Reaction score
How are you using Clascoterone cream when it was just recently submitted for FDA approval and not expected until Aug 2020?

I live in the future ! haha

You can order the basic powder from China then I mix about 100mg with ethanol every day and apply it.
Once the cream is approved we will be able to have compounding pharmacies do this using the real pharma ingredients
And once breezula is approved its the end of finasteride as a male pattern baldness treatment

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score

You can order the basic powder from China then I mix about 100mg with ethanol every day and apply it.
Once the cream is approved we will be able to have compounding pharmacies do this using the real pharma ingredients
And once breezula is approved its the end of finasteride as a male pattern baldness treatment
I don't know, u could use finasteride and breezula together? Why would it be the end if u don't have sides from finasteride which is like 95% of ppl taking it.

jbhkhc13

My Regimen
Reaction score

With me living in China, this would worry me greatly as the potential for getting fake compounds or mixed compounds is relatively high. Even baby powder and eggs are faked here with little conscience

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't be so sure about that. Why do the trials show a significant drop in efficacy beyond 6 months coming back to almost baseline after just one year? Finasteride continues to improve for more than one year, and do not drop to baseline beyond 5 years. I think people are too optimistic about future treatments. Minoxidil, 5ARI, Keto, and microneedling will be king until cell-based treatments arrive. The only exception might be Wnt agonists/disinhibitors if they have a synergistic effect with the big 3.
I think breezula will be a good addition to maintain ur hair even longer than finasteride would. Honestly unless ur nw4+ u should just start finasteride, do a hair transplant and use finasteride and breezula and u should be good for another 20 years.