Anyone had success without sex drive reduction?

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on Propecia for a few months. For the first week or two, I had very little sex drive, but I forced myself to oppose that feeling. Slowly, it seems that I have forced my sex/masturbation drive to become as high as it was before getting on Propecia.

Maybe that sounds weird, but I do think that you can increase your sex drive if you want without any medication such as v**** or without watching any p**rn etc...

Anyway, my question is whether those who had success growing hair on Propecia also saw a reduction in sex drive (and reduction in body hair?!). I feel like I am countering Peopecia's benefits by my efforts to increase sex drive.

Thanks for any replies.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Should have nothing to do with it. People who get reduced libido can get no results, but may also get great results.

It goes both ways, so it doesn't really play a factor in it.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So far my libido has not been affected and I have had a decent amount of success with propecia (8 months only though).

calgary2800

Reaction score
I've been on it 1 month 8 days as I type.

So far zero shedding, but do have a lack of " punch" in many areas from sex drive to just plain drive. Its seem lower testerone for me in the scalp also makes me feel somewhat more sluggish.

dirtrider67

Established Member
Reaction score
i have been on finasteride for about a month and i just finaly started getting my sex drive back. not to mention full wood. it was pretty limp until now. i even woke up in the morning without a pee hardon. but it seems to be back to normal now and there's more semen too.

IBM

Reaction score
i'm not using dutasteride nor finasteride and my sex drive has lowered to zero in last months.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
i'm not using dutasteride nor finasteride and my sex drive has lowered to zero in last months.

Well yeah I've been reading your posts on the impact of hairloss forum and you sound depressed over this girl at work. No wonder why you aren't in the mood for sex.

And since you say your sex drive is zero, then why don't you try finasteride and give yourself a better shot of maintaining your hair?

IBM

Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
And since you say your sex drive is zero, then why don't you try finasteride and give yourself a better shot of maintaining your hair?

I'm going to try dutasteride.

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been single for a few months now. Frankly a decrease in my sex drive would be a welcome change...

bubka

Reaction score
calgary2800 said:
I've been on it 1 month 8 days as I type.

So far zero shedding, but do have a lack of " punch" in many areas from sex drive to just plain drive. Its seem lower testerone for me in the scalp also makes me feel somewhat more sluggish.
that would be true, however, finasteride actually increases testosterone...

powersam

Reaction score
been on a 5ar2 inhibitor for 3 years now i think and maintaining. libido has never been a problem. a bit of a roller coaster of up and down in the first few months of use but once that settled it was all back to good.

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
This forum is terrible for asking the same old questions.

Anyone facing sides from any 5ar inhibitor should try a prolactin inhibitor/dopamine agonist like cabergoline. No more crappy sex drive and helps gyno to boot.

CCS

Reaction score
no sex drive reduction here.

mickeyblueyes

Reaction score
been using porpecia for over a year now and have'nt had any side affects, to be honest sex is better then ever. and the propecia 1mg a day is defintley working slowed the hairloss down.

just wish i had started in earlier maybe would have kept more hair.