Anyone had results with Nizoral

The Gardener

Reaction score
I'm a long time Nizoral user, and I'll level with you about it.

Nizoral is not one of those things that you notice if you use it regularly... but it IS one of those things that you WILL notice if you quit it for a few months. My scalp felt like sh*t without Nizoral. Itchy, greasy, shitty.

I don't think any of those three descriptive words are ones that are beneficial if used to describe an male pattern baldness person's scalp. I don't think that Nizoral is the missing key to regain a David Schwimmer hairline, but I do think that it moderates the effects of the harsh topicals that some regimens include, and it does tend to keep the scalp irritation-free and clean of sebum.

Less sebum equals better topical absorbtion.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
And it may possibly function as a topical antiandrogen.

Bryan

The Gardener

Reaction score
Hey Bryan..

I don't mean to hijack here, but I am VERY interested in your thoughts on the 'Blood Flow' thread in this forum.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, in general I think it's ridiculous. The old idea that balding is caused by a lack of blood supply to the scalp should have gone out with high-button shoes.

BTW, there is that study from the 1970's which claimed to find just the OPPOSITE of that old idea: actually REDUCING the blood flow by tying-off arteries to the scalp was claimed to improve balding.

However, it should be noted that Stephen Foote has his own peculiar slant on all of this! :wink:

Bryan