Anyone had luck with oiling?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying a combination of oils, but I fear its making my hair shed like crazy. Not sure if its temporary or if I should quit.

Castor oil, coconut, Emu.

Its been about 3 months of doing it around once a week.

tangled

Reaction score
I tried emu with a few essential for 6 months - following one of the studies.

No luck.

over 6 months I felt like I pulled more hair out rubbing the oils in.

considering a purely distilled water topical next time with whatever will dissolve that
promotes hair growth.

CalmBeauty2016

Reaction score
I've had a lot of success with oiling. I was a vegetarian for 2 years and then became vegan. My hair started falling out in clumps. I bought some oils online for a company and it's really been working great for me. I have my before and after pics in my profile you can see the difference, or I can pm them to you if you'd like.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've had seborrheic dermatitis since puberty and at one point I listened to the dumbass Ayurvedic and naturopathic people and used various oils on my scalp thinking I would help my hair. Instead of helping I'm pretty sure it aggravated my dermatitis even further and made more hair fall out thru inflammation. If the product does not help reduce androgens in your hair follicles it's gonna be useless long term imo.

Hairyarsch

Reaction score
I'm trying a combination of oils, but I fear its making my hair shed like crazy. Not sure if its temporary or if I should quit.

Castor oil, coconut, Emu.

Its been about 3 months of doing it around once a week.

Yes, castor oil seems to be working for me. But it's too early to tell. I definitely have some regrowth in previously bald areas and crippled hair is getting stronger.
I use it daily orally and topically with DMSO. Also Stemox daily.
Dermarolling with Lithium Succinate once per week. Been on finasteride for years without any change.